Chapter 7: Back on the Road

'The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through town.'

Hector quietly sang to himself in his head as he was traveling on a large truck. The truck itself was carrying dust that was working for Hector's criminal empire. Hector would be damned if he had all these resources and not use them to their fullest potential.

If he had the power then why not use it? It had been barely a day since he left Traya and the rest of the group. When asked who he was to one group's overseer he simply showed him a message from Junior himself letting them know that he outranked them.

After showing that he was more important they let him ride along them them though understandably he was getting both intrigued and uneasy looks from them. Hector was wondering if looking like a cultist was the best option.

The dust was heading towards the south of Anima to a small town who were desperate for dust since it was a faunus town. Hector was happy that despite the morally questionable acts of criminality were being put to good use.

"We're heading up on our first stop for the trip." The overseer who was a man that looked to be in his mid twenties said before stopping in front of the town's gate.

As the driver gave the guard papers showing that they were carrying dust they were allowed in. Pulling up on a parking space that only had two other trucks the overseer said.

"Alright you know the drill. Use this time to stretch your legs, get something to eat and don't start problems with the locals."

Receiving nods from the other members the overseer turned to Hector and said.
"Now you do what you want but I don't think going around town looking like... that well help us look good."

Hector was in thought for a moment before saying.
"Rent out rooms for your team and me. Leave the window open and come back immediately."

"Alright then. I'll get to it." The man said before closing the door leaving Hector alone in the truck. Looking back now he probably should've taken up Neo's proposition to buy a bullhead exclusively for himself, he'd make sure to make a mental note on that.

As he waited for the night to settle in Hector began to think about Ruby and team JN(P)R. Were they heading to the academy or Pyrrha? Both more than likely.

Hector's mind began to race with questions that led to more questions and more outcomes he had to account for.

"If they head to the academy first then they could split- no no. They don't seem like the type to split up but will rather go everywhere together. Did Ozpin tell Lionheart about Pyrrha? And has Pyrrha even told anyone about her Maiden powers??"

If there was something Hector hated was the unknown. Even before Rencor was shot right outside his house Hector made plans on what would happen to him should Rencor die before he was old enough to head out on his own. Too many questions, unknowns and variables that put in him a frustrated mood so instead of thinking of team RWBY, JNPR and Ozpin's allies. Hector instead turned his attention to Adam.

"When I get Adam to join me Sienna will not approve of some black cloaked guy named Sidious using her people to fight a war with the witch and a reincarnating man... Traya is right, I have to get rid of her. But how-"

*knock knock

Being interrupted from his thoughts Hector saw the overseer on the left window knocking. Opening the door, he said.

"Your room is ready sir. Just head through the back but try and not make too much noise. The place is a little quiet tonight."

Nodding in response Hector finally left the truck and carefully sneaked between houses and shops alike until he activated his gravity boosters to climb up the wall and into the open window he thought was his room. When peering his head inside he saw a woman tucking in their child to bed before the kid looked over her shoulder and said.