Chapter 4: Small Steps

Around the early hours of the morning Hector had gotten up to outline his plan with dealing with the Downers, the police and more importantly: The public.

Hector learned at a early age that it was important to earn the trust of the public hence why he dropped the extortion racket. If the people of Vale saw his empire as a "necessary evil" that kept the innocent out of their affairs then they would be more than likely to look the other way.

Then there was the competent detective that Neo told him about, he didn't have much to go on but would ask Junior via Roman of course to look into him.

Then the actual gang declaring war on them which was next to the Red Ties in terms of power. The Downers were like his old gang to much of both Hector's liking and dislike.

He liked it because it meant they weren't afraid to get into a shootout in the open which would paint his empire in a better image. And they weren't the brightest.

He DISLIKED them because their current leader reminded him of what his gang was when his father- no... "Rencor" (Rancor) was in charge of the gang.

Hector then turned his attention to the other gangs and had a idea:

Turn them over to his side or use them to carryout the hits and raids. Which also meant that the detective if they were put on the case would focus on them but there was a problem:

The Downers only attacked the Red Ties. So how would Hector make the others turn on them?

Simple: Since Remnant's gangs had the absurdity of dressing in the colors of their gang in the open-though some gangs on earth did the same but the point was that he would have Neo to dress up as a Downer and attack the others. Thus making it look like the Downers were trying to take everyone down.

After informing Traya, Neo and Roman they all were onbaord especially Neo who seemed thrilled at the chaos it would cause. Roman would be lying if he said he wasn't both very impressed and somewhat now even more attentive of Sidious. And convinced himself not to piss him off like Cinder did, he almost felt bad... almost.

After going after the more finer details of who they were going to go after Roman and Neo soon departed from their makeshift HQ and headed to Vale but before departing Sidious asked them to gather on who would be heading investigation as he didn't want to leave nothing to chance.

A few hours later...

Roman and Neo were making their way towards Junior's Club towards the back. The club was closed since it was under repairs from the drive by which Junior was of course less than pleased.

He was sitting at the bar looking over the damages before hearing.

"Junior! Just the man I wanted to see."

'Great.'

Junior internally groaned before turning his seat around and seeing Torchwick and Neo he then crossed his arms and asked.

"What is it this time?"

Roman simply smirked and said.
"Glad you asked!"
Taking a seat next to Junior, Roman began to explain "his" plan to not only defeat the Downers but have the other gangs turn on them too which Junior listened intently.

However a part of Junior was suspicious and rightfully so. Torchwick was smart and cunning but this was by his knowledge not Torchwick's style.

Torchwick liked the limelight, fame and news reports about him but now he wanted to be more from "behind the scenes"?

But seeing as both Torchwick and Neo could solo everyone in his bar and the Malachite Twins were back in Mistral he couldn't really go against his plan.