Chapter 8: Back on the Road Pt.2

"This drink is on the house." A human woman said to Ken with a wink before leaving a huge pint of beer.

Ken nodded and smiled before taking said beer and getting a good swig down. It was a good night to Ken to say the least.

They saved the town from Grimm, got thanked by the town and got a large free beer, though he'd be lying to say that only the White Fang saved the day.

Without that man in the black cloak who distracted most of the Grimm they would've still survived but suffered losses. Ken was a man who put credit where it was due and he'd be sure to thank him.

Though some if not most of his group wouldn't thank him on the basis of him being simply a human. Ken was sitting at a booth enjoying his beer until the same waitress from before came back.

"Already missed me?" Ken said jokingly before the waitress rolled her eyes and said.

"You wish but you know that man with the black cloak and mask?"

"Yeah...is something wrong?" Ken said lightly sitting up in his chair which the waitress then said.

"No but he wanted me to tell you that he wants to talk to you. Upstairs behind me where there's extra seats are."

Ken looked upstairs to see the humans who delivered the dust but he could barely see them. After taking a quick sip of his beer Ken asked.

"Really? You reckon he's shy?"

"I doubt any merc who willingly throws himself at Grimm is shy but if you ask me he gives me the creeps." The waitress replied before shivering a little.

"Sounds like a great guy." Ken said getting up and making his way upstairs where he felt a sudden chill. Like getting hit from a cold subzero breeze from Atlas it stung his body. Slightly flinching he continued towards the area where he saw the mysterious man and the other humans he was with.

One was miggling with a young woman while the other three were drinking and playing cards. And straight down the middle is the man just sitting at a table looking directly at him.

Walking over towards him the other humans watch him closely since there was still some tension since the argument from earlier today.

Walking up towards his table Ken took a seat in front of the man before asking.
"Something you need...?"

To which the man extended his hand and said.
"Sidious and you Mr...?"

"Ken, Ken Fidus." Ken replied with shaking Sidious's hand before he said.

"So what do I owe the pleasure?"

Before Sidious could reply he snapped his fingers which his human companions then looked at him before the younger one groaned before they all left. Leaving only Ken and Sidious alone.

"What is this about?" Ken said as he slowly reached for his gun on his waist.

Raising his hands Sidious said.
"I mean no harm. I only have a question or two."

Crossing his arms Ken and burrowing his eyebrows and saying.

"That depends."

"I only wish a meeting with your superior...Adam Taurus."

The response immediately began to ring bad news in Ken's mind. Ken then however still held his composure and instead asked why would he request a meeting with Adam.

"Why would you want a meeting with Adam? He...is a busy man afterall."

Sidious with hands together on the table said in a humble tone or atleast as humble as his voice modulator allowed him to.