Chapter 3: Calm Before the Storm

A week went by as Torchwick was working with Junior on better organizing his gang while Hector was of course directing Roman from behind the scenes and also planning on the several front businesses he would use to move dust, weapons, people and among other things.

However he was more focused on the smaller gangs that could prove either a hindrance or if they were smart could become a threat to his empire. Though he had to admit that whoever was I'm charge of the names must've been high or some middle school boy trying to find a cool name.

He looked over the board with all the other notable gangs who Roman acknowledged and the ones with less importance as Hector wasn't going to leave it up to chance since all it could take for a detective or cop to find a small piece of information to threaten his plans.

Hector was always fascinated with studying other criminals rise and subsequent fall to either jail or more mercifully... death.

What Hector noted was that their fall always started with one person or some small mistake that went unnoticed or waved off as 'not a big deal', that resulted in some cop or detective going down a rabbit hole. Or worse when someone talked to save their own skin which is why during his reign as the Mad Gangster in Los Angeles he always gave the bare minimum to the members of his gang.

So if one person got caught they wouldn't be able to give sufficient evidence to the detectives interrogating them. Which then Hector thought.

'If they're useful then they can carryout Junior's job or do something that can keep the cops off us.'

As always if a gang refused to join then Neo would be more than happy to take care of them.

As Hector was deep in thought there was then a knock on the door which made him snap back to reality.

Hector was still wearing what he called his Sidious Outfit as he walked up to the door and opened it to see Traya.

"I assume you're planning on what's to come?" Traya asked which Hector answered.

"Yes just going over what I need to do, when I need do it and how I need to do it."

"I trust that from your prior experience you already know what to do?" Traya asked again to sense a bit of bitterness emanating from him as memories of his uncle flashed his mind.

"...Yes..." Hector said in a bit of a agitated tone since his only regret was not seeing his betrayal coming... and killing him too quickly.

"As much as you'd like to grow your new venture I'm here to remind you that just because your planning to be Vale's crime lord your training isn't over."

'Ah shit.'

Hector thought internally as he was already imagining the sore mornings alongside his constant discomfort.

Turning around Traya walked with Hector following behind her. As they walked downstairs Traya commented.

"Come now. Today you'll work on double swordplay as your match with Melanie was more on you using your gauntlets."

"Fine but in two hours I'm getting a call from Lilly so we can negotiate the cost of bribing her workers." Hector replied they reached an open area of the warehouse Roman had been using.

"I take it that the restrictions from Ironwood have the SDC's operations hindered?" Traya albeit in a bit of a amused voice since all it did was create opportunities for those who had both the lien and smarts which promptly played in Hector's favor.

"Yes and with their recent salary cuts for the workers across the other kingdoms except for Atlas they've been looking for someone who can make up what the Schnees have left."