Chapter 6 - Summer Memories Pt 1

(3 YEARS AGO SUMMER JI-JON MIDDLE SCHOOL )

" it's so hot! I really hate summer..." Haera lamented as she let her head drop onto the table in defeat.

The hot sunlight was pouring through the windows as the heat was becoming unbearable for her. Her face was covered in sweat, and she felt completely wiped out by the harsh sun.

"Haera, the teacher said that the swimming lesson will start now. We should get ready." Yeoryeong stated as she finally gained Haera's attention.

"Yes... I will change my uniform...later" Haera replied after a brief pause. She felt exhausted

"Are you okay Eara?"  Dan-I asked with worried look as stepped closely to haera

"I'm fine it's just so hot"

"Yeah, it's seem so, let's go now, the swimming teacher will surely get mad"

Haera nodded as she quickly began to gather her uniform and prepare for the imminent swimming lesson.

She goes back to the swimming pool and waits for Yeoryeong and Dan-I

Before long, three girls approach her with a smug attitude.

"Are you Kang Haera?" they asked, raising their eyebrows as they waited for her response.

"Yes, it is me." She replied.

As the girls approached her with a smug attitude, Haera realized they were likely looking to start a fight.

The girl then proceeded to launch into an insulting tirade.

"Are you the girl flirting with the Heavenly King and Jiho? Such a delusional girl. Are you having delusions because you're ranked number 2?" She said mockingly to Haera.

Haera was taken aback and replied to they're insult

"I am not flirting with the Heavenly King and Ji-Ho. I don't have any delusions just because I am ranked number two. And I would appreciate if your gonna congrats me for m. Being rank 2" She said with a soft and polite tone as she maintained her composure as she continued

"also, why do you care so much about if I flirt with them? Are you they're girlfriend to tell me that? So now, I'm asking, who's the delusional one now?" Haera replied with a playful and teasing tone as she continued to maintain control of the situation.

"Oh shut up, you're just jealous of Yeoryeong. I bet you wish you could flirt with the Heavenly King too, but only she has his attention. Maybe you're just jealous and decided to flirt with the other Heavenly king, Jiho, instead?" The third girl chimed in with her own insult towards Haera.

"Haha, are you kidding me?" Haera rebutted, her voice dripping with sarcasm and her cold green eyes giving them all a rather intimidating stare.

"Why would I do such a thing to my best friend?" Haera asked with a smirk and playful tone.

"Plus, our friendship is stronger than you three. To begin with, you should worry about your own friend group before criticizing me. It's more likely that those beside you will betray you than my friendship with Yeoryeong will."

"Y-You!" The girl trembled

"they're  just using you like a fool..." she whispered to the girl as the girl glare at her manacing

Haera's taunting tone and statements filled the other girls with an intense sense of anger and frustration.

"You better look in the mirror. See why the Heavenly King isn't interested in you?" Haera finished off her final insult, leaving the other girls with nothing more to say.