Chapter 8 - Glitch

(3 YEARS LATER, PRESENT)

I woke up from my nap and began to stretch, feeling disoriented.

As I heard a knock at the door and got annoyed as I walked over to it. Of course, even though i have a doorbell, he would knock on the door instead like he's was doing when he's vising to my house.

As I opened the door, I saw a tall man wearing a hat and mask, holding a box of lava cake. It was obviously Chunyoung, so I let him in.

///

I looked at the lava cake he bought for me, and my mouth watered as I saw the strawberry on top. I couldn't believe he actually bought me the whole cake, though.

"I thought you were going to buy a small one?" I asked, surprised that he got the whole cake instead.

"Oh, well, that was the only thing available at the store where I always go," he replied

Oh yeah he like sweet I though as I was still staring at the whole lava cake in front of me when Chunyoung suddenly called my name.

"Haera..."

I looked up at him, not expecting him to put the strawberry inside my mouth. As I chew the strawberry, I was surprised at how sweet it was.

"Try it first," he said as I chewed the strawberry.

"It's sweet!" I mumbled with sparkling eyes, though it only lasted for a short while before my dad showed up.

I turned and saw him at the door, and the moment I saw him, I was surprised.

"Oh, Dad! When did you come back?" I asked

"Just now... Who's this boy?" He pointed his finger at Chunyoung, and Chunyoung bowed in response.

"Hello, I'm Yoo Chunyoung," Chunyoung replied respectfully.

I was silent as I watched the awkward scene unfold.

My dad stared at Chunyoung for a while, sizing him up.

"Oh right, Your the one does modeling right?"

"Yes"  Chunyoung confirmed, answering my Dad's question.

"But why are you here?" My Dad asked, looking at him curiously.

"I called him because I was bored at home. I thought you were coming back tomorrow?" I chimed in, questioning why Chunyoung was here now.

"Well I came early because I wanted to see your mom where is she?"

"Mom is at the grocery store," I added, giving him the news of my Mom's whereabouts.

"Haera, this is the first time you're taking a guy to our house," my Dad said, looking at me.

"Dad, he frequently comes over, and mom is aware of that." I snapped back, quickly defending Chunyoung and myself.

"Are you two dating?" My Dad asked, laughing.

"Of course not! He's just my friend, so shut it, Dad!" I shouted "I'm just joking, but you, Chunyoung, be careful of my daughter. She's the type of girl who likes violence and takes someone's money if they're rich." my Dad said, jokingly, only to get a swift, "Dad, leave now!!!!" in response. He sighed and left to find my Mom at the grocery.

I looked over at Chunyoung after my dad had left, annoyed already. He had been laughing sarcastically at my dad's comments, which did not help my mood at all.

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked, sounding pissed off.

"No, your dad is pretty funny, though," Chunyoung replied, chuckling.