Chapter 14 - Protecting Each Other

(YEODAN ROOM)

Yeodan was sitting on the edge of his bed in his room, his body clad in casual sweatpants and other comfortable attire. His thoughts suddenly drifted to a memory from his past, specifically when he was still a child.

"Hey is there anything you like?" Haera, a younger version of herself, suddenly appeared before him in his memories. She said in an annoyed tone, "You just keep clinging to Yeoryeong like a puppy."

Yeo-Dan was baffled by her comment and responded, "What do you mean?". Young haera rolled her eyes because of his naive question

"Don't you have any hobbies or things that you like?" She continued, "Like sports or favorite foods, things like that."

Yeo-Dan replied innocently, "I like spacing out. I enjoy it when Yeoryeong calls me when I'm doing it."

Haera remained silent as she looked at him, expressing her disdain for his attachment to his sister. Finally, she said, "You're hopeless.... I guess you have a sister complex" She said as she sigh

The younger version of Yeodan watched her silently. The younger version of Haera seemed to have a harsh and impolite personality, as she only pursued reading books.

She was often calm and only interacted with Yeoryeong whenever the latter wanted to study. Yeoryeong didn't mind studying, but she enjoyed spending time with Haera since Haera preferred to read rather than play.

Yeoryeong desired to have friends, but Haera was reluctant. Even though she didn't require friendship to survive, she still chose to stay with Yeoryeong due to not wanting to devastate her.

She was content being in a trio, despite the members' contrasting personalities. Haera enjoyed reading books while Yeoryeong and Dan-I played around her. Surprisingly, she never expressed any jealousy or envy, and her emotional state seemed to remain muted.

As Yeodan observed Haera, he felt that she had a calm, cold, and unloving personality.

When Haera's mother insisted on her calling Yeodan "oppa" due to her being younger than Yeodan, she firmly refuse and replied,

"We're only one year apart in age, and we're barely even close, so it's unreasonable for me to refer to him as "oppa."

Her mother expressed regret over Haera's harsh response, but Yeodan himself remained indifferent. Despite everything, he still regarded her like his younger sister because she was friend with Yeoryeong.

Haera was irritated by people liking her because she was a friend of theirs, rather than her own individual. She disliked Yeodan as she felt he had no significant personality distinct from Yeoryeong's,

And he simply treated her as a young sister purely due to her relationship with Yeoryeong. She had no intention of growing closer to him.

Even though Haera did not desire to be close to Yeodan previously, he was still quite eager to become close to her. However, he believed that it would be a difficult task since she did not initially reciprocate his desire.

Once she entered middle school, she drastically changed.

"Yeodan, I want to call you Oppa," announced the 14-year-old Haera, whom Yeodan knew was different from the older one.

He accepted her request without hesitation and felt pleased by her gesture. He genuinely smiled upon witnessing her smile for the first time.

Yeodan witnessed her growing maturity.

On a rainy day, he was caught without an umbrella and loathed the rain. But when...

"Yeodan-oppa!" Haera called out to him with a smile as she knelt before the entrance of his school, shielding him from the precipitation with a large umbrella.