Chapter 10 - I'll Stay

(EUN JI-HO'S HOUSE)

'When did i end up here...' I Though as I was sitting at the dinner table with Yeoryeong, and we were wrapping the beef with lettuce.

Yeoryeong asked me if I didn't like the beef, and I smiled and said, "I like it... It's delicious."

"I'm glad you like it." She said, with a satisfied look on her face.

"Why are you late, Haera? You didn't see me grab Jiho and force him to eat the jalapeño-filled lettuce wrap!" Yeoryeong said, and I couldn't help but laugh. I had already seen that scene in the Webtoon, and I found it hilarious.

"Hahaha, it's too bad I didn't see that," I replied, still giggling.

"Maybe next time, I'll get to force Jiho to eat some chili peppers to make Dan-I and Haera laugh!" Yeoryeong joked, and I immediately burst out laughing.

Jiho suddenly interrupted with a dark smile, saying, "Are you making fun of me?"

"Oh, my, what's wrong with your lips? It looks swollen haha." I teased Jiho playfully.

"Jeez, good for you, Yeoryeong, the grown-up is here, or else you're done!" Jiho said, annoyed with her teasing.

"You deserve it," Yeoryeong muttered under her breath.

"It's not Yeoryeong's fault if you act two-faced in front of the elders." I replied mocking him sarcastically.

"Tsk, huh, by the way, what's wrong with your eyes? They look red, did you cry?" Jiho teased, getting his face very close to mine.

"By the way, where's Dan-I?" Yeoryeong repeated her question as she looked around for Dan-I.

Jiho replied, "Don't worry, she's walking around in the garden with Ju-In... Oh, they're here." Ju-In and Dan-I suddenly appeared, causing us to turn our heads and notice them.

"Oh, Jiho, did you eat 100 lettuce wraps?" Ju-In teased with a playful smile, which caused Jiho to become annoyed.

"What do you think of me!" Jiho shouted angrily, and I diverted my attention to Dan-I, who had also turned to look at Ju-In.

"Noona! You're here!" Ju-In suddenly greeted me with a hug, clinging to me. I chuckled slightly and responded, "Yes, I'm sorry I'm late..."

"It's okay! It's good that you're here!" Ju-In reply. I can sense my anxiety about my plans for the future and about what I'm going to say to them.

Suddenly, we hear Eunhyung talking to Dan-I, and we turn to look at them.

"Dan-I, don't keep your problem with us... You know if we stay together, maybe nothing will change, if we all stay together, maybe we won't disappear, but if you don't want to, we will respect that..." Eunhyung spoke calmly and carefully.

"What are you talking about? Disappear? Who? Why?" Yeoryeong inquired she look confused

"Let's go inside and talk about that," I having a private conversation about the matter.

***

Dan-I had finally shared with us what happened on March 2nd in the previous year. While we were all shocked by what she said, I maintained a calm demeanour and sat beside her, showing my support for her.

"Before you asked me to pretend that we were strangers, when the high school began, was it because of this? Are you afraid that we'll disappear again?" Ji-Ho asked Dan-I in a serious tone.

"What? What's he talking about, Dan-I? Pretending not to know each other?" Yeoryeong asked, seemingly confused by everything.

Dan-I looked down as she spoke apologetically, saying, "Yeo-Ryeong, I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone would believe me...."