Chapter 10: Lessons

(AN: Hey all, just wanted some thoughts. When you first started reading did you think chapter one, or chapter two, was more of a hook? If you had to choose one or the other which one was more interesting? I've been thinking about switching them to see if it flows a little better, but wanted to hear some opinions. Two chapters today, I'm going to release another in the evening, hope you all enjoy!)

====================

Over the next few days, while Cynthia slowly recovered from the Hunter attack, [Y/N] was rushing a Pokémon education normally taught over many, many years. And, as one would imagine, it was no easy challenge, especially considering he had no foundation to start with. However, he was a fast learner, and three three starters gave him a lot of practical knowledge, besides the large blocks of text inside the textbooks he had been assigned to read. It did help knowing he had the combined knowledge of Rowan's three most trusted aides, Yuzo, Berlitz and Mina, helping him through his study. All were ready and willing to help, and did so with enthusiasm. Even though they weren't necessarily teachers, their knowledge more than made up for it, and the teen's willingness and propensity for learning...

They each taught him different topics that would help him on his journey as a trainer. Berlitz's focus was on geography, Sinnoh's major cities and its people, but also the larger world and what was happening. It was, if not, the most important piece of information to [Y/N], considering he had zero knowledge to begin with. Funnily enough, it was the first time he had ever seen an actual map of the region.

It was one of the largest regions in the entire world, with a population size of nearly seven million inhabitants, just as large as both Kanto and Johto combined

It was one of the largest regions in the entire world, with a population size of nearly seven million inhabitants, just as large as both Kanto and Johto combined. Sinnoh was only beaten out in population size by the far off Unova (just under eight million) and Kalos (just under nine million). An easy way to describe the region was to say it was cold and hilly. The temperature averaged out at a consistent chilly breeze, and it only grew worse the further north one ventured. Snowpoint City, the furthermost point in the region, suffered constant harsh snowfall that made travelling a perilous venture. However, over the last few decades, the south of the region had been noticeably growing much warmer than in past times. Global warming, Berlitz said, was the prevailing theory. In a few more years, snow could have been a thing of the past for Sinnoh, or so he speculated.

Streams and rivers ebbed and flowed through the entire landmass, and were mostly crystal clear. Sinnoh was known to be rich in its water, especially its main three lakes, Acuity, Valor, and Verity. That meant the land, despite the hilly terrain, was mostly arable, and multiple settlements sprang up all around the inland, or across the coast. Marshes were a common sight the further inland one went, due to the constant rain, and fog was an ailment many had to deal with everyday.

The island to the north of Sinnoh was a rocky, dry landmass. It wasn't necessarily a subsection of the region, but a territory. It was mostly a resort destination, where the rich spent their days in lavish resorts, and gawked at Stark Mountain, the isles main attraction.