Chapter 20: The Jubilife Incident Part. 1

(AN: Thought I would mention this now. There won't be a limit on the amount of moves a Pokémon can use at once, like in the games. They can just use every move they've learned up until that point.)

====================

[Jubilife City Police Precinct]

"-We'll be sure to stick around, Silas, but it seems there isn't any more to uncover here, I'm afraid, with this whole Poketch problem, or the cultists." Looker sat at a long desk smoking a small cigarette. It was getting late and he had already pulled a few all-nighters the last few days. He was turning into a real zombie, and he couldn't fall asleep on the job. A few other detectives, local and international, joined him, alongside the Elite Four member and his younger brother, the black Lucario leaning up against the wall, always alert.

Silas clicked his tongue. "We need to head back to Canalave soon, we have business there. It irks me that we haven't found a single thing that would help the investigation, they've gone back underground, I'm afraid." Looker nodded. "I'll be sure to keep in touch--" However, he was quickly interrupted by a loud ringing, and from Silas' pocket a heavy buzzing stole his attention. "My apologies..." He pulled out the device and checked the caller ID. It was Argenta. Riley shot him a suspicious glance, his Riolu sitting upon his lap. "Argenta, now isn't really the best of times--"

"Oh, that's lovely, dear, but I think that this is worth your attention, right now." Argenta said back, her voice very proper, she was usually quite eccentric at times but a warm person at heart. However, as she spoke, there was something different about her voice that Silas picked up on. "What's wrong?" He asked, his expression turning stern once more. "Just get a move on towards Eastern Jubilife, and that adorable little brother of yours..." Riley blushed slightly, the detectives listened on with confusion. "Team Rocket's getting anxious. I think it's a perfect opportunity to end their little operation in Jubilife for good, what do you say..."

Silas didn't even know that Argenta was in Jubilife, never mind the fact that she was scouting out Team Rocket's main headquarters in the area. He let out a tired sigh, wishing she told him what her intentions were in advance. "Fine, we'll be there in a few minutes, with the International Police too." Argenta chuckled from the other end. "Oh, the more the merrier, I suppose, though I'd imagine this will get slightly messy. It would be better to cut the dead weight, wouldn't you agree, hun?" Some of the detectives didn't appreciate the comment but compared to Argenta or Silas, they're strength was incomparable, that was true.

He disconnected the call and pushed himself up. "Looker, get your best men, we'll leave as soon as possible." Silas told the head-detective who nodded back. "Lucario, Riley, let's go." And the two brothers quickly left eager to meet-up with Argenta. If this really was the main Team Rocket base in Jubilife then it was sure to be swarming with grunts. They had to be careful.

In reality, they didn't have a clue how many Rocket agents were around the city...

Riley couldn't help but have a bad feeling about all of this. It was all happening so quickly without any preparation. That never usually meant anything good. However, time wasn't a luxury they could afford, now was time for action.

====================

[Team Rocket Warehouse, Eastern Jubilife...]

"T-This is sick." [Y/N] recoiled at first, looking at the rows of cages, each one holding a different Pokémon, each one malnourished and weak. He wasn't even sure if they would be able to leave on their own, but he had to have hope. "Starly, look for some keys." He ordered and the small bird began darting around looking for something shiny. "Turtwig, on me." And the two began looking through the cages. A few eyes followed him as he walked past, but there was no emotion behind the glares, they didn't have the energy left. All they could assume was that another one of them was up for sacrifice, to be prodded and stabbed and pulled apart in gruesome ways. Most of them would've just preferred a quick end instead of the hell they spent their days wasting away in...