Chapter 15: White Lies

(AN: I didn't really intend for this, but it kind of just happened organically. This chapter our boy just became Reigen from Mob Psycho for some strange reason during the writing process. And, I'm not entirely sure how because that wasn't how I planned it originally, but that's just how it is now. Honestly, I prefer it more now that I'm re-reading through it again, it makes it funnier to me.)

====================

"Do we even know where the building is?" Cynthia asked, as the Pokémon Centre's automatic door slowly shut tight behind them. [Y/N] scratched his chin. "Nope." He answered nonchalantly. The blonde eyed him. "Helpful as always..." They stood on a busy road with cars passing by them in an orderly fashion. It was busy but organised, nobody acting out of the usual. The city seemed to stretch on for a long distance with enormous towers looming in the distance. Tech firms, large stores, government buildings, transportation, housing on top of housing. It was an urban maze that they needed to escape from, and neither had even stepped foot in the place before...

"I aim to please." [Y/N] responded, hands held in his coat pockets. There was sure to be a map around here somewhere...

"Well I say that you should keep your smart ass opinions to yourself, four-eyes!" An angry shout erupted from before them, almost immediately after leaving the centre. [Y/N] and Cynthia stood still, unprepared for the sudden outbursts. It was probably something city folk had to deal with often, but neither of them were used to the sudden and constant noise.

"My Chimchar could wipe the floor with your stupid Bronzor, it's not even a question!" Before them stood a hot-tempered young man. He walked with a slump, with both hands sunken deep into his baggy trousers, however, he only wore a simple yellow shirt and sandals. He certainly didn't look like a resident of Jubilife City, completely different from the well-dressed businessmen and women. What was most noticeable was his red afro, like a fiery bush sitting atop his head. "Step-off, bastard!" A pumped up Chimchar copied its trainer's action, perched on his shoulder. "Char!" It cried, throwing its arms up with an excitement to its voice.

 "Char!" It cried, throwing its arms up with an excitement to its voice

"My, my, what a foul mouth you have..." Another man, similar in age, stood opposite him, and they couldn't have looked more different. He stood tall, his back straight and proud. His hair, a smooth, wavy ocean blue that shined in the sun. He wore a full red suit and matching shirt. Adorned with a pair of tinted oval glasses, it gave his eyes a sleep quality to them. Compared to the loud hoodlum barking at him, he appeared calm and reasonable, put together and respectable. "Confidence is good, but too much can be lethal. I fear you may have no hope left." A Pokémon [Y/N] hadn't seen before hovered alongside him, a spherical disk with two eyes. "Zor..." It hummed out slowly.

" It hummed out slowly