THE STRANGER

ARIZONA KINGDOM

The wild moon appeared brightly in the sky but suddenly, a loud wail echoed from nowhere.

"They are here again! We need to stop them!" Loud wails echoed from outside of the wall as people were seen running, trying to save their life but the wolves bounced and killed them brutally.

"Larina, run" she tried to save her small daughter who was in tears already but before a blink of an eye, one of the wolves bounced on her.

"Larina!!!!" The woman screamed in agony and in anger, she made fire with her hand and burned the wolf into ashes but other wolves bounced on her from the back and killed her.

The wolves climbed up to the kingdom walls and hunted down everyone on their way.

"They've invaded the kingdom" More people in the palace started running away also for their lives as the wolves hunted them down.

One of the guards barged into the king's chamber and met the king trying to open the secret passage for the Queen, she held her stomach bump in tears.

"My Lord, they are here, killing our people again" The guard said and the king turned to his wife who was in tears.

"Sapphire, you need to be safe. For our Baby" he brought his gaze down to her bump but Queen Sapphire bursted into more tears.

"No, I can't go alone, we have to go together" she insisted but the king shook his head sadly.
"Go now, please" he pushed her to the Secret passage and asked the guard to follow her.

"My Lord" He mumbled sadly but the King had this cold expression.
"Listen, I'm entrusting my child and my wife in your hands. You must do anything to save them" The king said and closed the secret door. In a blink of eyes, the wolves barged into the King's chamber.

Queen Sapphire's voice came loudly from the secret door "Alexander!!!!!!!!"

*********

MESULA VILLAGE.

"OH SHIT!" She yelped as her butt landed on the floor.

"Phoenix, you fell from the bed again?" Her mother's voice came from the kitchen but she only hissed looking around with her hair rough and scattered on her face.

"Stupid nightmare, I don't know why I've been dreaming about that stranger" she mumbled.

"Which stranger?" She flinched back and hit her head against the box beside her.
Camilla bursted into hysterical laughter instantly as Phoenix only hissed standing on her feet.

"What do you do that for? And when do you get into my room?" She asked and Camilla smiled.

"This morning, everyone is awake preparing for the Festival" A smile beamed immediately on her lips.

"That is right!" She exclaimed.
"It's today" she said and Camilla chuckled.
"Yeah, so tell me, which stranger are you dreaming about?" Phoenix bit her lips and shrugged.

"The hot stranger of course, Don't you see how handsome he is?" She said imagining the strange already but Camilla snapped her back.

"He is a weirdo, he barely talks or makes friends" She rolled her eyes. Phoenix smiled and shrugged.
"Yet he is hot and handsome" befell Camilla could reply, Phoenix's mother voice cut in.

"Phoenix, you should get ready, it will soon be time to worship by the river " She reminded her from the kitchen and she turned to Camilla smiling.

"We need to look outstanding with our dressing" she told her and both chuckled.

After some minutes, Phoenix and Camila dressed up with their traditional makeup and they mingled with the people who dressed up with different costumes also.

The elders of the villages together with Phoenix's Mother hold a big tree root and the people sing in chorus. They all started walking to the river of goodness.

"Phoenix, what are you looking at?" Camila suddenly asked as Phoenix's focus was not on the festival anymore but on a guy who stood from afar watching what they were doing.

"Camila, can't you see him over there? I wonder why he is not participating with us?" She said and Camila scoffed "Don't you know before? Never, have I seen him talk to anybody in this village"

"Why?" Phoenix asked, still tagging along with the people who were engrossed with the chorus they were singing.

"How will I know?" Camila shrugged and Phoenix turned her gaze to him again but he turned around and left. Phoenix stopped walking and watched him leave.

"Why is he so quiet?" She thought but Camila tapped her.

"I will be right back" she whispered to her and slowly bent to crawl out among the people even as Camila tried to stop her but she didn't listen.

The people got to the river and started kneeling and bowing as a sign of worshiping the goodness of water.
Phoenix's mother swiveled her head slowly to check on her daughter but she couldn't find it among the crowd and that is when she became scared already.

Can this girl ever give her peace of mind?

"Phoenix" she mumbled.

Phoenix walked down the route he had seen the guy took but she couldn't even see him.

"I definitely saw him walking down here" she looked around the jungle and hissed.
"Phoenix" she flinched at Camila's voice.
"You followed me?" She looked at her surprisingly and Camila rolled her eyes.

"Of course, I can't leave you alone, you are always getting into trouble" Phoenix chuckled and stroked her hair like a baby but Camila swatted her hand away.

"Just tell me you love me" she grinned but Camila huffed "Love you, my foot"

"So where is he? Thought you want to speak to the handsome stranger" she said but Phoenix looked around.

"Yes I badly want to talk to him. I definitely saw him walking down this route but now, he is nowhere to be found" she said. Camila shook her head and sighed "don't tell me you fell for him at the first sight?"

"I don't know Camila but I've been seeing him in my dream, I think I like him" she mumbled and Camila chuckled.

"Like him? Remember, your birthday is coming up in two days and you know your mother doesn't want to see you with any guy in this village, so it's better we go back to join them worship the goodness"

Phoenix shook her head "let's look further" they started walking down the same route yet the traces of the guy could not be found.

"Phoenix, let's just go back" Camila said tiredly and She shrugged.
"Fine, let's go..." her speech stopped and they both looked at each other as they started hearing some weird sounds.

"What is that sound?" Camila''s voice came more like a whisper. They both turned back and their eyes widened all of the sudden.

"Camila, run!" Phoenix shouted and they both took off their heels and the wolf ran after them.

"Camila, that way, go. I will distract it" Phoenix took up a route that led to nowhere Camila who was already in tears took up the route that led back to the village.

Phoenix ran through the jungle as fast as she could but the wolf was not backing down. She turned around to check if the wolf was still following her but her leg hit the stone abruptly and that made her stumble down.

"Ahhh!" She screamed but forced herself up thinking the wolf had gone but it was taking a step closer to her as she moved back in fear.

She breathed heavily as she found herself staring into the eyes of the wolf and some went at the wolf staring back at her.

"Go...away from me" she shuttered, still moving back in fear. Her eyes widened when the wolf growled loudly and took a step to bounce on her.

"Mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""