GETTING THE LITTLE KITTEN

"Phoenix" She groaned from her deep sleep with her eyes tightly closed.

"Go away ... .from me" she shuttered moving back, she hissed in pain immediately something sting into her pain as the wolf kept moving closer to her.
Something in her keeps drawing her gaze to the wolf's bright green eyeball.

The wolf took a step backward ready to bounce on her and that is when she shouted from her sleep scaring her mother and Camilla back.

She breathed heavily looking around but Camila bursted into tears hugging her to her body.

"I was so scared that I lost you" Camila cried out pulling back and she breathed in trying to remember exactly what happened but before she could think of anything, her mother slapped her shoulder real hard that she yelped.

"Mom!" But her mother hissed,
"Why didn't you follow us to the river? Tell me! What did you go there for?" She was taken back with her mother's yelled and worried look.

Camila beat Phoenix with her stare,if she had listened to her, this wouldn't have happened.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I...just... I just" she shuttered, not having any excuses to give.
"Listen, you are grounded from stepping out of this house till your birthday in two days" her eyes widened immediately her mother finished her statement.

"Mom!" She groaned.

"That is final and don't even try to forfeit my order because Edgardo will be here monitoring you" With that, she left.

Phoenix bowed her head, biting her lips, regretting what she did. Her mother gets too scared and worried easily and she is always the reason.

"I warned you" Camila mumbled and she turned to her.

"Camila, what really happened? The wolf" she barely remember how she left that jungle. Camila shrugged " The stranger saved you of course and right, his name is not a stranger. He is Layzal, he brought you home" her mouth agape with her eyelashes blinking on their on surprisingly.

"Phoenix" Camila called her name because she wasn't saying anything.
"Layzal" She suddenly smiles, twitching her hair like a five years old kid.

Camila scoffed and shook her head.
"I will be off, I need to help Grandfather with his clothes" with which she also left.

Phoenix smiles and imagines how Layzal brought her up.

"Goodness!!!" She squealed on the bed grinning.

***********

"She will be turning twenty five in two days" Edgardo said beside Phoenix's mother who hugged her arm within herself as she watched the quiet waves of the river.

" I was scared, Could it be that they know that we are alive? Is that why they want to kill her?" She turned to him with a very worried look but Edgardo shook his head.

"No way, My Queen. You should be at ease. Nothing is going to happen to her as long as I'm here" He assured her and she sighed.

"He will be happy and grateful forever that you stick to your promise. Thank you" she mumbled and Edgardo scoffed.

"It's my duty," he replied.

Phoenix slowly gets down from the bed and watches carefully around to be sure they are fast asleep.

She quietly got out of the house in order to check on her savior, at least to thank him but her heart jumped at her feet on bumping into him.

"La.. Layzal" it came out just like a whisper.

***********

"I...I'm so grateful that you saved me" she shuttered as they walked down the village lane. Why is he not saying anything? She thought as they continued walking.

"You followed me to the Jungle, why?" She gulped immediately and he uttered his first speech asking her that question.

Damn! She bite her lips and smile nervously,
"I wasn't...I wasn't really following you. I just...just .. just" she scratched the back of her head thinking of the perfect lie to tell him.

Layzal smirks, expecting her to finish her speech"I got lost!" She suddenly exclaimed.

"Yes! Yes! I got lost in the jungle" she said but found it more amusing when he chuckled.

"Did you just say lost? Hmmm, I heard you like me" Phoenix's eyes almost plucked out of her eyes immediately he landed that bomb.

"And who said that?" She counted her words as her leg hit a stone which caused her to almost fall but he held her from falling instantly.

"Your eyes" he mumbled but Phoenix was far from there. Her heart beating faster and her cheeks reddened like tomatoes.
She coughed adjusting herself properly.
"I'm sorry" she said but Layzal chuckled.

"Phoenix" she stopped on her track immediately she met the angry look for Edgardo.

"Edgar" she called the short form of his name. His gaze moved to Layzal then back to Phoenix.
"Come with me" his voice sounded in terror which Phoenix wouldn't dare defy.

********

"You must look for your mate before another Red moon, Olcan" Olcan said nothing to his mother, ranting about his mate.

"You really won't say anything??" His mother scoffed but he only folded his arms behind him and sighed.

"Mother, I don't really need a mate but if that's what you want, I will look for her" He said with his cold voice and his mother's smile.

"Exactly, that is what I want, what the elders want" she smiled but Olcan's expression didn't change.

"Olcan" Lucian appeared in his room as a wolf but instantly, he transformed into shape.

"My mate, I should get her," Olcan said immediately and poured himself a wine from the bottle.

"The lady you saw yesterday, is that her?" Lucian asked and he remembered his encounter with his mate.
"Yes, Mom will let me be if I do what she wants. So yeah, let get that little kitten"