THE BIRTHDAY

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

       What happened in Chapter 1 wasn't a dream, it really happened but she fainted and that is what makes it look like a dream when she wakes up. It was Layzal that saved her and brought her home.

   CHAPTER 3

Phoenix groaned on hearing funny sounds in her ear. Of course, she knows where that is coming from but she is still enjoying her peaceful bedtime.

“Camila, please” she groaned but Camila pinched her cheeks which pained her and that is when she sprang up “Camila” she groaned but Camila chuckled.

“Come on, it's your birthday and guess who is waiting outside” She grinned but Phoenix only frowned even though it's her Birthday. She can't believe she has been grounded and not allowed to leave the house since two nights that Edgardo brought her home.

“Who?” She mumbled through her nose and that made Camila smirked “Layzal” her eyes widened all of the sudden at the mention of the name.

“Layzal!” She almost screamed immediately and Camila answered her.
“OMG! I need to get ready, I can't be looking this dirty” she sprang up and rushed to get herself clean and dress in a jiffy.

Few minutes, Camila was even surprised at how fast she was. She is already putting on the blue floral short dress her mother sewed for her as her birthday present. She combed her hair.

“Camila, am I good to go now?” Camila almost laughed at her actions “You are good to go, I think the guy is into you, so keep calm and act normal with him” She nodded at Camila advice and set to go outside.

She opened the door and met Layzay holding a beautiful flower in his hand. She already melted at that and his smile almost made her lose her mind.

“Happy birthday Phoenix” He said and gave her the flowers.
“I don't really know what to say but I'm so grateful but how did you know?” She asked and he only smiled.

Before she could say another thing, Phoenix's mother called her and that is when she smiled “Can we meet later in the day?” he asked and that made her feel so overwhelmed.

“Sure” with that she quickly left to answer her mother.

“Mummy” she walked into the kitchen and her mother turned to her looking at her weirdly.

“Who is at the door? Where did you get the Flowers?” She asked and Phoenix scratched the back of her head before she could answer, her mother answered the question “is it from that stranger?” She bites her lips, unable to tell lies.

“I warned you, didn't I?” She remembered and Phoenix continued biting her lips.

“But mom…” she shut her up immediately “Guys are dangerous for you, they are going to hurt you” she said but Phoenix almost groaned thinking of what ways they could be dangerous to her.

“Drop the flowers and join me in cooking” she rolled her eyes and dropped the flowers on the counter.

“What should I do first?” She said through her nose “Pick the onions and slice” her mother told her and she did.

“So today you become Twenty-five, Your father will be happy right? He saved us with his life and I will do anything to save you also and that is why I don't what anything that will hurt you”

“But mom, they are not going to hurt me. I love that stranger, I don't think he is going to hurt me because he does too” Phoenix suddenly dropped the knife and told her mother.

“Love? You gotta be kidding me? This life is always spinning, the next moment you can't tell what will happen to you. So don't tell me he is not going to hurt you. Your best love can become your biggest enemy and your biggest enemy can become your love!” She was surprised when her mother banged her hand on the counter.

“You know what, forget it. Just cut the onions' ' with that there is an awkward silence. Phoenix couldn't stop thinking why her mother is flaring up and with that. Unconsciously, the knife cut her hand, blood started oozing out. Her mother stopped what she was doing immediately and turned her attention to her.

“Phoenix, are you okay?” She asked but something seemed different immediately. Her gaze didn't move from the blood as they oozed out.

“Phoenix! Phoenix!” Her mother called but she was far from her name, the atmosphere changed instantly and the breeze became heavy and blew everything in the room.

Suddenly, fire breaks out from the food they are cooking and turns big burning things down.

“Phoenix!” Her mother continued calling trying to tap her but she pushed her away so badly that her mother hit her back against the wall which made her so weak to even start.

The fire becomes more, burning things and the next thing is Phoenix slumping to the ground.

People in the village began to wonder what was going on and before they knew what was going on. Fire broke out from the house and that is when they started shouting ‘“fire! Fire!”  They started trying to put it off.

“Phoenix” Camila started crying and shouting but the people dragged her back as they tried to put off the fire.

“Fire” Layzal appeared from nowhere and the people were more shocked when he rushed into the house while the house was still burning.

“Layzal” Camila mumbled as he entered but on entering he was even more surprised not to see Phoenix inside but only her mother lying lifelessly on the ground.

“Phoenix” he mumbled…..