8

(Syris)

Today's Halloween, I didn't really have any plans but passing out candy to the kids and shit.

I was looking at people's stories on Instagram, and came across Daniel's story saying 'Another holiday, with no one to spend it with' which I thought was weird because he be posting about his man. So i texted him about it.

When I met Dani a few weeks ago I didn't think we'd become close so fast as we did, but we related to a lot of stuff and kind of had a similar situation. I like him, only as a friend though

He told me that they got into an argument, a few days ago and haven't talked to each other since, and since I didn't have any plans today, I offered to keep him company. which he agreed to.

I look at the time to see it was 4:00, so I had time to take a shower and get ready.

I took a shower and then threw on my green Nike sweatsuit. I took my phone and AirPods off the charger checking the time seeing it was 6:25, and headed to my car.

I got my car fixed last week, so now I don't have to wait around for anyone to come pick me up and take me places anymore.

I started driving to Daniels place, it was like a ten-minute drive from my house, so it wasn't a long drive, he actually lives in the same apartment complex as Samaj. Maybe I'll get to see my baby. Once I arrived at his apartment, I put in the code to the gate and parked right where his building was. I grabbed my phone and looked at his apartment number so I can find where he's at.

After I reached the place. I knocked on the door, and the opened the door to a puffy eyed Dani who'd looked like he'd been crying all night ,his pink plump bottom lip was poking out and he had on black Adidas pants, and a wife better.

"No offense but... you look like shit." I told walking into his house.

"Shut the fuck up, I know that. His bitch ass ghosted me." he said plopping himself onto his couch.

"What were yall arguing about?" I asked him sitting down next to him.

"The same shit as always, I told him I dont want to be just a 'fuck buddy' and want to label it. We've been doing this shit for the last six months. I told him we didn't have to be out or anything, or even figure out his sexuality. I just...want to be his officially." he said as a tear fell down his cheek.

"That Nigga being weird, you just need to make sure he knows your worth, and that you're not just going to sit around waiting on him." I told him, instead of getting a reply he just nodded his head and wiped his tears.

I was going to speak again, but then there was a sudden knock on the door.

"It's probably the trick or treaters" he said getting up and grabbing the bowl of candy that was right by the door.

And that's basically how we spent the night, passing out candy, talking and laughing.

Damn...so this is how it feels to have friends?

"You talk to your man today ?" He asked as he ate a piece of candy out of the bowl

"Nah, I ain't talk to since yesterday night, when he was picking up his daughter" I told him slouching down on the couch.

"Wait- that nigga got a kid how feel about that? And what about the baby momma them hoes be crazy"

"I'm cool with it, I know if I get him, his kid is coming along as well.I'm fine with playing stepdaddy. And his baby momma she chill... I think" I replied, we didn't really talk about her much. I mean why would we.

"I don't think I can handle a kid right now, maybe later in life though. Anyway I gotta go to bad" he said before doing a light jog to the hallway and going into his bathroom.

A few seconds later there was a knock at the door. I got the bowl of candy thinking it was trick or treaters, but when I opened the door it was a guy taller than me, like 6 '5 and he was tatted up.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked me.

"Nigga I could ask you the same thing." I said mugging him

"Yo...where Dani at. I'm about get mad" he said looking into the apartment, this must be his nigga but I'm not finna let him I don't know if Dani would want that.

"What do you need with him?" I asked him, but before he could reply Daniel came out of the bathroom.

"Who are you talkin-" Dani started but then paused seeing who was at the door.

"Can I come in?" The guy asked him calmly

"Y-yeah come o-on" Daniel stuttered out. I let him in and closed the door behind him.

"Who's he" the guy asked pointing at me

"A friend...Syris this is Ayden, Ayden this is Syris"

"Sup"

I nodded towards him. He just looked me up and down. Okayyy. He must know I could take his nigga from him.

"I came to talk to you but..." Ayden started talking to dani. Maybe I should leave.

"Uh Dani, I think ima head out so I don't be in the way of whatever y'all got going on" I told him

"Oh okay, uh thank you again for coming.i enjoyed it" he said smiling at me

"Yeah me too, bye" "bye"

And with that I left out of the door and started walking down the hallway to get in to the elevator.

I pushed the elevator waiting for one to come. Once on came and it opened, my eyebrows furrowed at seeing a familiar face as I stepped in.

"What you doing here?" I asked him, why would I ask him that?

"Nigga, I live here, you know that. What are you doing here" Samaj asked me with a sleeping jaleyah in his arms

"Seeing a friend" I replied, I think I saw him side eye me probably getting jealous again, but I could be tripping.

The elevator came to a stop, and Samaj got out. I don't know what made me follow him but I did

"I know yo ugly ass ain't behind me" I heard him say as he walked down the hallway.

"What you gon do about it?" I asked him.

He stopped at a door before turning around and looking down at me. "You're so fine," I told him. He bit his lip before turning back around and opening his door.

"You can come in, I guess" he mumbled as he walked into the house, making me smile.

I walked in, and closed the door behind me. He walked away, probably to go lay jaleyah down.

"What do you want?" He asked as he came back

"I can't hang out with you lil'daddy?" I asked him

"I mean... I guess" he said as he walked into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water.

"How yo day been" I asked him

"It's been alright, leyah been hyper as fuck since today is Halloween." He said walking over and sitting down in the seat next to me. "How 'bout you? What did you and your...friend do?"

 This nigga definitely the jealous type

"Just chilled and passed out candy. Nothing much." I replied.

We kinda just sat there after that not saying anything.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked me, and I nodded my head

"Why do you like me? Like you barely know me. I'm pretty sure you have all these niggas dm-ing you and asking for your number. I literally show you no signs of interest, and you don't even know if I like guys but you like me?" He ranted

"When I first met you... you treated me different, you're different from the rest and I liked that. You didn't treat me like I was related to the leader of your gang, you acted like I was a random nigga on the street. And You never said you were straight...so tell me your straight and you're not attracted to me and I'll stop flirting with you" I told him