Chapter 3: A Lifetime With You

"Ai'Fot"

Fourth sighed, dropping back onto his pillow as he pressed the phone against his ear in resignation. He leaned towards the nightstand to check the time and groaned. It was too early to deal with the brat. Besides, it was just three hours since he dropped the singer at his condo a couple of blocks away from his apartment and he was already being annoying.

"It's four in the morning, Gemini"

"Did you tell Sarah that I wanted to break up with her?" Gemini's rushed voice tumbled around Fourth's ears for a minute before registering in his brain.

Ah, that.

"I did something you should've done ages ago" Fourth muttered, turning to face away from the night stand so his phone is pressed between his ear and pillow.

He could hear Gemini breathing roughly against the speaker as he held his phone away, annoyed. What the hell was he doing this early?

"You shouldn't have done that, dumbass" Gemini mumbled, sounding something between irritation and gratefulness. He should stick to one emotion so that Fourth wouldn't get confused.

"Please" Fourth closed his eyes, exasperatedly, "Get some sleep"

The manager was extremely tired. It wasn't easy handling such a superstar without additional support. And there was literally no one who lasted more than a week working for Gemini. He was a handful that only Fourth could manage.

"I was gonna go for a jog" Gemini replied.

Fourth let his arm rest on his eyes as he sighed, "Then let me sleep"

"Come join me"

Fourth groaned, turning around in his covers, "It's four in the fucking—"

"Please?"

Fourth regretted giving into Gemini's pleadings sometimes. At first, he never expected his demands to be this unique. He literally expected him to just mind his own beeswax and not bother him with each and every thing. He knew Gemini before he became a superstar, and even back then, the singer had unique demands that soon became a headache. Besides, this wasn't the first time Gemini had woken him up at ungodly hours for the most surreal tasks, and yet, as his manager, Fourth always had to give in.

Gemini was definitely a menace.

He had a quick wash, yawning every five seconds. He was too tired. He had to take Gemini to an advertisement in the afternoon too. He was gonna take his revenge just as soon when he sees the bratty singer. As he pulled on his dark jogging suit, he kept repeating the same mantra over and over again in his mind.

Two more months.

While pocketing his phone, Fourth noticed a couple of messages from Gemini that sat in his inbox, unread. His thoughts of sparing a glance were forgotten when he kept repeating the whole drama with Sarah in his mind. They really do deserve each other. Without digging further, he sprinted off to join the singer in his usual jogging track.

Gemini was leaning against a tree, scrolling when Fourth finally joined him, huffing and puffing up a storm. The singer took one look at him and chuckled, dropping a towel around his neck.

"Aren't you here to run?" he asked, placing his palms on his knee, leaning closer to Fourth, "You look like you've never exercised in months"

"Trust me" Fourth panted, wiping the sweat that snuggled around his neckline, "Running around you is enough exercise to last a lifetime"

"Then last a lifetime with me" Gemini said, stretching his legs.

Fourth froze.

How could he just drop sentences like that and not give a shit about it? Did he even know what he said? Fourth's gaze flew around the singer, noting the way his jaw twitched randomly and how his adam's apple moved as if he was drinking water.