Chapter 10: The Hot Tea

"Fourth..."

Fourth opened his eyes to find Gemini inches away from him. A soft smile played on his face—proud and teasing. Still engulfed in the warmth and comfort, Gemini brushed his nose against Fourth's—a clear confirmation of how he was feeling—and Fourth had to swallow the large lump in the back of his throat.

They kissed. They actually kissed.

And Fourth was miles away from regretting any second of it. He risked a glance at the singer, who's swollen lips came into focus the moment he looked up.

Oh fuck. He made him look like this. So well kissed.

Crimson crawled along Fourth's neck to his cheeks as he dropped his arms from Gemini's neck, the moment he realized what he had done. He didn't think about the post-kiss consequences and now, he felt shy. If only the floor would open up and swallow him full.

However, Gemini's smile dropped as Fourth looked up at him once again. He backed away, bringing his hand to rub on the back of his neck as he turned away from the manager. The lack of touch created a sudden coldness, which hit in waves as Fourth processed the fact that Gemini was actually walking away from him.

One kiss and he was gone.

"Gem—" he started, but he didn't know how to follow that up with actual words.

All he felt was the singer's lips ghosting on his tingling lips. Damn, now that was a kiss.

Now he understood why Gemini's past lovers all couldn't let go of him. He was an amazing kisser. And Fourth—God forbid—wanted to keep doing it over and over again until he couldn't feel his lips anymore. Perhaps even until they fell off. Because, that was so addictive. But Gemini was moving to sit on a chair, facing Fourth who slid off the arm of the couch. The situation was definitely more than awkward now. He cleared his throat and risked a glance at the singer, who was facing away from him, with confusion etched on his features.

Was he regretting it now? What if he was? Did that mean that Fourth practically risked whatever relationship they had for something that Gemini would regret right away?

The singer however interrupted his thoughts, "Stop it"

"Huh?"

"Stop thinking aloud" Gemini said, looking over at him, "I'm not regretting it, okay?"

Oh. Then what was he—

"But I don't think we should..." Gemini paused, taking a deep breath, "I don't think we should do anything about... this. We should stop doing this again and again"

"What do you mean?"

He was going to call it a mistake, isn't he?

"Fourth, can we forget about what happened?"

There it was, the brick that dropped inside his stomach. Fourth felt his entire self freeze up from the rejection. Oh shit. He did all of that, everything—practically running towards Gemini—without consulting him. He didn't even ask anything, except to kiss him.

He was such a loser. He was. What the fuck did he think? That Gemini would just dump everything and come to him? For what? Just because he asked him to stay? What the fuck was wrong with him? Why was he being fucking stupid?

"Okay"

Fourth stood up, ignoring how the singer looked at him in surprise, before walking to the door. He didn't care if he stepped on broken shards of glass now. His heart was hurting too much. He was in unbearable pain and he did all that for what? For fucking what? For one fucking kiss?