Chapter 7: A Tensed Dinner

"Ai'Fot"

Fourth's gaze fell on the rear view mirror as he blinked, trying his best to avoid eye contact as much as possible. Ever since the hug, Fourth has been on pins and needles the entire time around him. Even with other people surrounding them, he could feel the singer's gaze on him like fire. Feeling Gemini's breath hit his neck felt like a storm; a warm storm that got him strangely excited for some reason. He didn't have enough time to figure out what he was feeling as Fern—his assistant—arrived and escorted the singer out. Inside the car however, Gemini had a frown on his face, possibly related to their destination.

Well, he hoped that was the reason. And nothing... else.

The manager nodded, inquiringly.

They were on the way to Mrs. Titicharoenrak's dinner and Gemini, understandably, looked bummed.

"Thank you for not leaving me" He said and despite the circumstances, Fourth felt that he was actually genuine.

"Mm"

"But why the fuck is he here?" Apparently Gemini's genuineness ended here.

Fourth looked over at Fern who was in the passenger seat beside him, grinning into his phone. He actually had to call Mrs. Titicharoenrak, asking her if it's alright to bring someone else as well since it didn't seem like he was leaving them anyway. She was alright with it; hence, Fern was tagging along.

"P'Tha wanted me to take Fern around for more protection since..."—that hug in the morning.

The singer pursed his lips, deep in thought, "I see"

Fern didn't know about their 'fake' dating and presumed that they were actually together, which Fourth vehemently denied. He was asked to keep his mouth shut at the dinner tonight because the parents didn't know about their relationship. Yet, Fern was giving them looks, probably thinking about the hug he witnessed before.

Stop thinking about that, Fourth.

"I'm right here, Phi" Fern turned around to look at Gemini as Fourth chuckled humorlessly, "You can speak directly to me. You don't have to go through your lover, yunno"

Lov—

If Fourth could smack Fern, he would. But then he will be called upon Labor Courts and be sued. He didn't want that especially when he was about to leave.

I'm not leaving without you.

Oh Lord, the day he informs Gemini that he's leaving will be a physically straining day for him. Fourth already knew and acknowledged that. Knowing Gemini's manchild persona, he was expecting the worst. He could see from the rearview mirror that Gemini was making faces at the back of Fern's head and he had to disguise his laugh as a cough.

"I just wanted to know what my—" Gemini paused, letting his gaze fall on Fourth before continuing. He seemed visibly nervous, "—my—my boyfriend thought of you tagging along our... dinner date"

Oh. That's why.

Fourth could practically feel something crack in his neck as he turned to face the singer in alarm, "Gem!"

"What?" Gemini had a come-hither look on his face—he was teasing him, "He already knows about us"

Fourth has been feeling extra violent around Gemini lately and it was definitely because of the lack of filter around his words. And nothing else. It wasn't like Fourth and Gemini had been hugging so much these days or something. Absolutely not.

As he turned around the corner to the private road, Fern's giggles echoed around the vehicle, and Fourth felt the physical need to restrain the younger manager and perhaps throw him off the vehicle, just because he can.