Chapter 8: Tattered Edges Of A Yearning Heart

"Ai'Fot"

Fourth blinked as he turned around to face Gemini who was casually walking into the balcony, looking around him. Mrs. Titicharoenrak had left his minutes ago, and he was deep in his mind, almost forgetting that he was supposed to escort the singer back to his apartment—away from... whatever this was. He gave Gemini a soft smile, and noted in defeat, how Gemini's expressions changed from confusion to acceptance in mini seconds.

"She said something shitty, didn't she?" he asked, joining him at the railing.

Fourth couldn't even agree, nor could he deny. So he just shook his head, letting his eyes gaze deep into the night. How was he supposed to tell Gemini that his mother didn't want him to do what he liked? How was he supposed to tell P'Tha that the best singer GMMTV ever had will be leaving? How will he tell Gemini that he, himself wants to leave soon? Two fucking months. He will be leaving in two fucking months and Gemini was gonna... What will he do?

Shit.

"Stop it"

Fourth looked up at the singer's unnaturally calm eyes, realizing perhaps a second too late, that they were close to each other. Too close. As he always did, Fourth jumped away—or attempted to, if it wasn't for Gemini's arm securely wrapping around his waist as if it was meant to be there, he would've succeeded. But just as fate intervened every fucking time, they were chest to chest once again, staring deep into each other's eyes.

Once again.

Fuck, he had a steely gaze.

Fourth's eyes fluttered as he gripped the singer's arms and tried to pry himself away from him. He wasn't safe around Gemini.

"Let go" He muttered, fingers digging into Gemini's arms—in vain.

"Tell me what she said" Gemini whispered, his breath hitting Fourth's earlobe—malfunctioning him in seconds, "Stop squirming like a worm and tell me"

Fourth gave up, letting the singer have his way with him. It was just two months, right? He's gonna tolerate this manchild for just two months. But Mrs. Titicharoenrak...

"She just asked how you were" he finally replied.

A beat or two flew around them in silence before Gemini let him go, leaning against the railing with his arms crossed on his chest. He was laughing—and knowing him, Fourth understood that it was a painful laughter. It wasn't genuine.

"If you said that she wanted me killed or something, that would make more sense, Fot" he uttered between laughter.

There it was; the pain he was hiding.

"Gem..." he started but Gemini's fingers coiled around his wrist, pulling him closer.

"That woman never cared about me, Fourth" he said, eyes boring into his, "That's not what she said, and I know that. You wanna know how? A) as I said before, she doesn't give a fuck about me and B) you have that 'oh poor Gemini' look on your face. Have I ever told you how your face is so transparent that I could literally read your mind through your expressions?"

"Fine, then read my mind" Fourth stared at him, annoyed.

Gemini didn't back down, unlike how Fourth expected him to. He instead stared right at him, blinking being optional. Not wanting to lose, Fourth stared back at him, which was a mistake as he suddenly noticed that Gemini's warm breath was hitting his lips in soft and warm gusps and he wasn't okay with that. Especially when Gemini's gaze dropped from his eyes, along his nose to his lips.

Fourth gasped, inaudibly, urging himself to stop getting affected. And, oh.

There goes his heart—hammering like a caged bird inside his rib cage.