Chapter 9: Borrowed Time

Fourth has always been nonchalant whenever it came to Gemini. The singer was his duty. Managing his schedules, wiping off his sweat, making sure his lip gloss is on, getting his mic to him; that was all part of his duty. And everything made his get close to the singer with merely inches between them. And he had held Gemini's gaze steadfastly, without fazing. After all, it was just a part of his job description. But this was the first time—ever—where Fourth has been concentrating on the singer's lips and gaze in a completely different way.

And the wild butterflies in his stomach weren't helping things either. It was as if there was a stampede inside his entire frame, ready to stomp out any moment.

Gemini's pink glossy lips were slightly open, as Fourth had a glimpse of the inner workings of his mouth and it wasn't good for his health. His heart was racing, and for a moment, Fourth forgot about everything and everyone. He bent his head, ready to collide his lips with Gemini's, in what seemed to be a hazy dream, yet the moment their noses touched, things started to make sense. His eyes widened, as he gulped, eyes trained on the singer's lips, which parted to whisper something.

"Fourth"

Oh.

O h.

Fourth, stop this, immediately. This is not you. You're just... why are you acting this way?

He tried to remove himself from Gemini's vice grip—where his fingers had somehow found themselves wrapped around his waist as if they belonged there—but they were warm, oh so warm, and strong. His eyes fluttered towards the other's gaze, which were darkened with... he didn't know what it was.

"Fourth, don't..." Gemini whispered again.

Fourth sprang away as if he was burned, banging his little toe against the couch leg. Whining in pain, he fell back on the couch, as Gemini sat up in alarm. The moment was gone, and now Fourth was in unbearable pain and it wasn't just from his throbbing toe.

"Ai'Fot" Gemini's arms were suddenly around the manager's frame and the warmth returned, which Fourth quickly shrugged off, "Fuck. Are you okay? That's gotta—"

Fourth turned towards him, tears brimming along his eyes, "Why did you do that?"

A long silence prevailed between them, stretching into the darkness that was suddenly shrouded in the entire room. It was only the two of them now; one in pain, the other in confusion.

"What?"

Fourth stared at Gemini, as he tried kneading his throbbing toe with his leg pulled up onto the couch. Gemini had his arm hovering above Fourth, afraid to touch yet yearning as well. He swallowed, as he kept looking at the manager, who's round eyes were filled with tears now.

Don't fucking cry, Fourth. Keep it in. Keep it fucking in.

"Fourth..."

Fourth didn't want to listen anything, as he stood up, ignoring the pain on his feet. He started stomping towards the door, his heart racing inside his chest. Why was he suddenly affected by this entire thing? He had forgotten the reason why he came here as well. Instead he suddenly wanted to ki...

Did he really want to ki...

Him?

Gemini? The bratty singer he hated?

Fourth brushed the tears away from his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt, ignoring the heartache that he was feeling. He hurt his toe, so why was his heart hurting? He pushed open the door, ignoring Gemini, who was calling out to him. He wanted to be alone. No, he wanted to see Ananya. He wanted to come clean about... what did he want to come clean about? He didn't do anything wrong. Then why was he suddenly feeling guilty? Was he feeling guilty for trying to ki...