Chapter 11: The Lovers

"Fourth?"

Gemini was staring at him the moment he opened the door and Fourth felt his breath hitch up. Suddenly he was back to yesterday, nibbling on the singer's lips as the other held him tight against his frame. Fourth blinked, sending back the memories to his archive before shoving his hands into his pocket, looking slightly away. The singer was dressed (impeccably well, he couldn't help but notice), and had a pair of sunglasses balanced on his nose. With car keys in hand, his jaw was dropped, staring incredulously at the manager.

Gemini cleared his throat, crossing his arms across his chest, "Why are you here?"

I clearly told you that I can drive myself to the studio, he didn't say but Fourth understood from his extremely passive aggressive tone.

He crossed a line yesterday. So why hesitate? Besides, this was probably his duty as Gemini's manager. Not probably, it was his duty.

"I'll drive you to the company" Fourth replied, leaning forward to drag Gemini outside his apartment and shove the door close.

"I told you that I—" there it was.

"Don't argue with me, okay? I'm your manager. This is my duty"

And it was probably the last time he was going to do this certain duty. Maybe after today, he won't have to see Gemini again. And he will have to... He needs to talk to him about what happened. He can't chicken out now. Nor can Gemini. He clearly felt something yesterday, right? Was he going to deny that too?

The lift ride to the parking lot was more awkward than it could ever be. Gemini had no schedules, whatsoever. All were pushed back after P'Tha's so called deal with Mrs. Titicharoenrak. And hence, Fourth wasn't busy sorting through Gemini's schedules like he usually was. And to add to the awkwardness was what happened yesterday.

He could still feel his lips tingling from that kiss. He was gonna go insane.

The moment Fourth pulled the car onto the road, he kept noticing how Gemini shifted in his seat at the back, ("I can ride with you in front" "No") occasionally catching Fourth's gaze from the rear-view mirror. Earlier, they only glared at each other through the rear-view mirror, but now, there was so much more in their gazes which missed each other by seconds. Fourth cleared his throat, deciding to talk about what happened.

"So—"

"Why are you so incessant in driving me?" Gemini was faster.

Fourth sighed, fingers gripping onto the steering wheel tightly, "I told you. I'm your manager. It's my duty"

"You would rather swallow a bicycle handle than drive me around. We both know that" Gemini muttered, turning away to look outside at the passing scenery.

So he really wanted Fourth to forget about what happened yesterday, didn't he? He wasn't joking about that. He was really serious.

"It's my duty" Fourth replied, his tone sporting a couple decibels lower than usual.

"Fourth" Gemini started before leaning forward, "You really didn't have to come today. I'm being serious. This is the end for me. So, you're not my manager anymore"

Fourth parked the vehicle at the side of the road before jumping out of the driver's seat. Following suit, Gemini jumped out too, walking behind him calling his name. Fourth was outraged. Not only did Gemini wanted to forget the whole thing that happened between them, but he was resigned and probably wanted Fourth out of his life.

"Fourth, stop. Hold on" Gemini practically ran to keep up with his shorter manager.

"Stop it!" Fourth yelled, brushing off Gemini's arm that was pressing on his shoulder.