Chapter 3: Fox and the Wolf

Main Base, Sakura Empire

While things are going on in Azur Lane; we head to the main base of the Sakura Empire with the main fleet extremely damage and frozen from USS Gettysburg attack at Midway which saddens the Sakura Empire kansens who is looking forward for an victory; however one certain kansen caught Gettysburg's attention which is Akagi. Akagi depart from her carrier while Kaga question of what just happen.

Kaga: "I don't understand; since when Azur Lane have a kansen that controls ice. Not only that; it was a Yorktown-Class Carrier. Since when did the Gray Ghost have someone like that?"

Akagi continue to move forward and inform Nagato about this while Kaga try to talk to her, but failed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip
Nagato's Shrine, Sakura Empire

Akagi and Kaga head to the Nagato's Shrine at the center of the island to inform of the defeat at Midway and also question about the new carrier that show up out of nowhere. Akagi and Kaga enter the shrine to see Nagato laying between her sister Mitsu and her retainer named Kawakaze who look disappoint of the failure at Midway.

Nagato: "Akagi; what happen at Midway? I saw the main fleet almost destroyed and frozen."

Akagi: "We encounter a Yorktown-Class Carrier that is cover in ice and fought off the main fleet."

Nagato close her eyes while she stare at another kitsune in the room who is sleeping which is none other than Shinano one of the powerful Yamato-Class. She remembers after the main fleet left to Midway to engage High Command post in the island.

Shinano(flashback): "I saw a carrier cover in ice covering the battlefield with ice leading by a male ice wolf kitsune. We should be caution against him."

Nagato(thought): "Looks like your right, but the question who is he?"

Shinano is sleeping on her comfortable sofa and using her tails as a blanket; however she wakes up to see Akagi and Kaga talking with Nagato before she close her eyes again.

Nagato: "With the dark wisdom cube in the hands of Azur Lane; we can't afford to continue with the Orochi Project."

Akagi(protest): "But Nagato; if we don't do this then the Sakura Empire won't able to win."

Nagato: "We let the Royal Navy to capture the dark wisdom cube, failed to recover the cube and rescue Akashi, and now we lost the battle of Midway due to that carrier. As of right now; we don't know who this carrier is and Crimson Axis High Command demand answers."

Before anymore arguing is going on; Shinano wakes up with a yawn and answer the important question which is the ID of the carrier.

Shinano: "The ice kansen is USS Gettysburg of the Eagle Union."

The girls was shock to see Shinano know the name.

Nagato(shock): "How would you know him?"

Shinano: "Because he was here when Humanity discover the wisdom cube and we were kids back in the days. Akagi; you should remember him, but he have dark hair rather then white."

Akagi(shock): "That's USS Gettysburg."

Shinano nod and everyone was puzzle that Gettysburg was the same kansen that visit the Sakura Empire when they were kids, but didn't realize it was him. Akagi still remembers him been her servant when they were kids while everyone avoids her because she was always bossy. Gettysburg was the only kansen that was nice to Akagi during his stay at the daycare center for young kansens until he left for the Alaska Research Facility until now, but with a different appearance. After the meeting was finish; Akagi and Kaga left back to their dorms to discuss about the Orochi Project, but Akagi has her head fill with Gettysburg.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip
Market, Sakura Empire

Akagi and Kaga continue to make their way back to their dorm while Akagi is thinking about Gettysburg until Kaga start to talk.

Kaga: "To think that Gettysburg has return, but this time we're enemies."

Akagi: "I was surprise that he arrive and handle us."

Kaga(worry): "Sister? Are you still holding that promise that you made with Gettysburg?"

Akagi stop all the sudden with darken in her eyes because she knows the promise she made with Gettysburg, but with the war between the Sakura Empire and Eagle Union is underway then they won't able to hold that promise.

Akagi: "I wish, but right now we must revive Amagi. Otherwise everything we work will be for nothing."

Akagi and Kaga head to the cave where Orochi is holding up, but unknown to them that the entire island is shaking which reveal Orochi is leaving the island with Observer leading the way. Akagi and Kaga got angry.

Akagi(angry): "What's the meaning of this Observer?"

Observer: "Sorry, but our deal is over. We're taking Orochi back to our base."

Observer open the portal and Orochi enter the portal which shock the two kitsunes, but looks like they got another problem which is Nagato overheard what Observer was saying and demand answers.

Nagato: "What's the meaning of this Akagi and Kaga?"

Looks like those two are in trouble and now answer to Nagato about their deal with the Sirens.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip
Interrogation Chamber, Sakura Empire

We head to the interrogation chamber where Akagi and Kaga was question of their involvement with Observe which they explain to them that they want to revive Amagi and bring honor to the Sakura Empire which Nagato understand it fully and blame herself for not observing the situation. Nagato decide to let it go and believe it's time to rejoin Azur Lane after they were blind by the fact that the Sirens are the real enemy and fighting against each other. Nagato left while Akagi start to cry after failing to revive Amagi and been trick by the Sirens while been comfort by Kaga.

To be Continued...

Chapter 4: Reunite