Chapter 10 - Worship Your Goddess

"You know you really didn't have to get me new boots, baby!" Malakai smiled. She admired the boots she was carrying in her hands as they walked up the stairs towards Leo's apartment.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to. My baby deserves gifts. Cute girls get gifts, Malakai." He countered. "So the cutest girl gets the best gifts." He said with a goofy wink.

"That is some very sound logic." She agreed. "Consider my mind changed."

"Do you like them?" He asked

"Yes! I love them! I've been wanting some nice boots for a while now. My others aren't looking so well." Malakai thought back to her other boots which were in desperate need of repair and polishing. The zipper had been going out on them- that's always the first to go.

Leo admired the boots. What drew his eye to them in the first place was that he himself liked the black leather boots. Unfortunately they were women's and not in his size- but they were in Malakai's size. He got them for her just a few minutes after he saw them for the first time.

"Want to try them on?" Leo offered. "I want to see how they look."

"Way ahead of you." She replied. "I was just about to take my shoes off once we got inside. But since you asked..."

Malakai leaned against the wall for balance, pulling off her shoes and setting them aside before slipping on the new boots, zipping them all the way up. The black leather had yet to get dirty so they were nice and shiny.

"Oh my gosh baby... they fit perfectly!"

"The place I got them from is one of my favorites." He responded. "Honestly the best thrifting places are the smaller stores, not the chain stores."

"Oh yeah," she added. "There's a place like that near my house that always has cool shit. I love going there to look even if I don't get anything." The whole time she spoke she kept staring at the boots.

"We've gotta go thrifting together sometime. I know we'll find some cool stuff."

"Agreed." Malakai finished. "Maybe in a few days we can do that."

As they approached his front door, he felt compelled to ask her something that had been bothering him a bit.

"Baby you're at my place like all the time these days. You know you could always move in if you wanted to."

Malakai blushed. "I'm still thinking about that. I have thought it was a good idea, it's just a big step."

"Oh but sex isn't?" He quipped jokingly, slipping his key into the doorknob.

"Hey now." She scolded. "I seem to recall you enjoying that just as much as me."

"I certainly do." He said while he opened the apartment door for her. "Don't worry I'm not giving you any actual shit for coming over so often. I love having my angel here."

Malakai was smiling like an idiot as she walked into the apartment. After shutting the door behind him, Leo turned into the apartment to see Malakai admiring the new boots she wore.

"Still can't believe these were nearly brand new for the price you got them at. This is a good brand."

"I know right?" He added. "I just had to get them for you. The offer was too good."

"You must be feeling pretty good about the deal. Good enough to... Get me a drink?" As she said that, she rushed over to the couch and sat down, staring at him mischievously. "I'm already sitting down!" She said throwing her arms up innocently.

"Alright, alright... which one do you want?" He said walking to the kitchen.

"The one with the red cap." She said from the living room.