Mile

The next day, I was busy at filming already around 8 am when Barcode walked in. He was holding hands with Jeff, who was back. They were filming a commercial together and hence were together.

I watched as Barcode laughed so easily with Jeff and was busy whispering away to him. I just sighed inwardly. I would never get that kind of comfort level with Barcode as he saw me only like a colleague.

Plus, I was so much older, though Jeff wasn't any younger. But having played a couple together, I know Jeff was incredibly fond of him and treated him like a Nong? But sometimes, when I saw them together, I wondered if there was more brewing.

I turned my attention back to my shooting and waited for my next scene. Just then, Jeff came up to me.

"Hey, how was your trip? Saw your Instagram, and it looked like a fruitful one."

"It was good, Mile. Plus, I managed to churn out new stuff for my upcoming concert, so that was a plus point, too. How have you been? Barcode was telling me about the recent commercial you all did together and how you were so patient."

"Oh. That commercial, it was ok. My pleasure, too. He's a good kid, but I am sure he missed you."

"He did. But he did tell me this time it wasn't so bad because you were looking out for him. Thank you. He can be so quiet, I worry about him but good to know there's someone else too he can depend on."

I just smiled. Jeff went off to do his shoot whilst I finished off my remaining scenes. By the time I was done, it was close to midnight. I changed out, grabbed my bag and car keys, and wad heading out when I saw Barcode snoozing on the couch.

I went to him and patted him softly.

"P!"

"What are you doing, sleeping here?"

"I have 1 more scene to shoot, but the one before me overran, so they need about another 30 more minutes before I can do my final scene for the day. How about you? Are you done?"

I nodded my head. Just then, they called for Barcode. He waiied to me and ran off. Poor boy. I knew Jeff had to leave earlier for other work commitments, so Barcode was probably going to go home alone. I decided to give him a ride. I sat down in the seat he had vacated.

Barcode was done about 45 minutes later and came by, with his bag rifling through his phone when I called out to him.

"P! How come you are still here?"

"Come on. Let me send you home. It's late, plus you look so exhausted."

Barcode tried to decline me, but I wasn't taking no for an answer. He finally agreed, thanking me softly profusely. I just smiled and patted his head. The ride home was silent, primarily because Barcode had knocked out. I laughed to myself as we rounded the corner to his house. I didn't see his parents' car in the driveway, so I knew they were still away.

I woke him up softly. He sat up straight, smiling at me softly, his hair a little messy.

"Your hair is messy na, let me adjust it for you."

He nodded sleepily and came closer. I adjusted his hair for him and moved back a little, studying him. He smiled at me. I smiled back, my heart beating super loud, making me wonder if he could hear it.

"I make a move now, P. Thank you for the ride. Do you have any filming tomorrow?"

I shook my head, stating I had a free day. He said thankfully it was for him too and asked me if I had any plans. I sheepishly said no, starting to wonder if I sounded like a loser.

"Can I ask you out for lunch then? My treat na. You have been really kind to me. Please don't say no?"

I looked at Barcode for a bit, and then I finally agreed. He smiled at me though pre empting me that it wouldn't be so fancy as he didn't have a huge budget. I laughed as I waved him out, stating it didn't matter.

Well, it was true. It really didn't matter. I think the fact I was going out with Barcode for a meal was good enough already.