𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 : 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎
" we are not our parents, until we choose to be. "
.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎

The door opened, percy walked in, Grover and Tara behind him.

Medusa yelled from the kitchen. " you guys must be hungry! I left snacks on the table while I get something proper going. "

Grover and Tara quickly walked over to Percy.

Percy whispered. " you think it's safe to eat? "

Grover mumbled. " Percy, im not gonna lie to you, I'm really hungry and im ready to take that chance. "

Tara gazed at all the food. " me too.. "

The door opened behind them as annabeth walked in, staggering closer to them.

Percy looked at her. " thanks for coming. "

Annabeth looked confused. " this isn't the same for me as it is for you. "

Medusa started walking in the room, everyone quickly looked down.

Medusa must of heard annabeth as she spoke sweetly. " your concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of athena? " she smiled. " you shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all. And you and I might have more in common than you think. "

Medusa walked around, pouring lemonade in four glasses, five including hers.

She looked at the four. " please, sit and eat. "

Grover, Percy and Tara walked over to the seats, sitting down.

Annabeth didn't sit down, she just glared at the wall.

Tara looked at the food, grabbing some dessert quickly stuffing it in her mouth.

Percy spoke up. " if you're not a monster, what are you then? "

Medusa looked at him, smiling a little. " a survivor. "

Tara had an anxious smile on her face. " you must be a little more than that. " she said. " there's a fury out there that seems terrified of you. "

Medusa sighed. " because she knows what I think of her. " she turned around, walking to a chair sitting down. " I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for. " she looked at the four. " the gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore. "

Medusa smiled as annabeth spoke up. " what my mother did to you wasn't a gift. It was a curse. " she sarcastically said.

Medusa stopped smiling. " you are loyal to your mother. "

Annabeth looked at the three. " yes. "

Medusa questioned. " you stand by her? "

Annabeth shrugged. " always. "

Medusa tilted her head. " you love her? "

Annabeth started to get annoyed. " of course I do. "

Medusa smiled. " and so did I. " she nodded, looking at the four. " Do you know the story of how I came to be this way? "