𝐗𝐈𝐈 : 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎
" Zeus is going to war with Poseidon. "
.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎

Percy sighed, still a little confused. " okay. Guys, we need to talk about this whole fate thing. "

The sounds of a motorcycle in the background as Percy spoke, annabeth raising one of her eyebrows.

Percy looked in slight disbelief. " three old ladies with a ball of yarn can't know what's gonna happen... " he continued to yap. " what I choose to do changes what's gonna happen, and I can choose anything I... want... " he trailed off.

Tara paused as well, they all heard the motorcycle shut off as someone with a deep voice spoke up. " need some help? "

The four looked at each other in confusion, before slowly peeking out from behind the cement wall.

Tara paused when she saw a biker, raising her eyebrows slightly...

Grover kept Tara close to him, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. " beg pardon? "

The biker didn't look amused, his voice rough. " I asked if you could use some help. "

Tara kept her eyebrows raised, before speaking up from beside Grover. " nope, we're good. " she awkwardly said, narrowing her eyes slightly. " thanks for the help tho?.. " that statement sounded more like a question then anything.

Grover nods, one of his hands placed on Tara's waist, speaking to the biker and saying bye. " so long... "

The four slowly ducked back down, Tara's face slightly red when she noticed Grover's hand placement.

The biker inhaled deeply before speaking again. " you don't seem too good. "

Annabeth and Tara peaked out from behind the cement wall, annabeth speaking. " we don't want anything from you. "

Tara narrowed her eyes. " we already said we didn't need your help anyway. " she had sass in her voice.

The two ducked back down.

The dude chuckled. " you sure? Because you guys are so behind schedule. "

It was silent for a moment before the four slowly stood up, Grover's hand still on Tara's waist but a little less loose now.

The biker stared at them, before speaking again. " I mean summer solstice is just a few days away. " he took a deep breath before speaking again, his voice a little snarky. " and as much as I'd love to see a good war pop off, as your big cousin, I feel like, maybe, I wanna give you a hand. "

Percy furrowed his eyebrows, staring at the dude. " cousin? "

Tara and annabeth said in unison. " ares. " they both looked over at each other, raising their eyebrows before annabeth looked back over at Percy.

Ares spoke up again. " you both must be Athena's kids... "

Tara paused, furrowing her eyebrows. " actually I'm Nyx's kid... " she trailed off, tilting her head a little.

Ares scoffed. " yeah whatever... " he looked back over at annabeth. " always gotta be the wisest one in the bunch. "

Tara rolled her eyes before speaking again. " why would you help us? Like how do you even know what we're doing here? "