Chapter 9: Lightning Sky Blade

Hitch's lab was neat and organized. The room itself looked older, but that was the case for most of the rooms since they were located underground. The files and research documents were organized from date and alphabetically based on research specimen. The books on the shelves were organized by date published. The tables in the room were organized in a "U" fashion in order to provide maximum time spent observing whatever was placed in the center, which at this point in time was a clear glass tube that contained Solaris' blade.

The sword was white due to the enchantments placed on it. Its blade was made from an alloy of steel and titanium. The fuller of the blade was blue due the lapis lazuli imbued in it. The handle was made of ivory marble with leather wrapped around it for grip. The pommel of the blade was a sapphire crystal. The guard of the blade was a simple cross guard of the same ivory marble that made up the handle. In order to contain the blade, its sheath was made from the leather of lions that descended from the Nemean Lion.

Yohan whistled as he gazed upon the sword. "She's a thing of beauty." He clapped his hands. "Hitch, you have a visitor!"

A muffled feminine voice from the back closet of the room called out, "Yohan? Is that you? Can I get some help in here?" 

Yohan chuckled and shook his head. He looked at Solaris and shrugged his shoulders. They went into the closet, which turned out to be a private archive of research documents and books of old. However, it was all tumbled over. 

"Hitch?"

"In here." The voiced called out from the center of the pile. 

"Give me a minute." Yohan reached in and started searching blindly for a limb to grab. "Let me see, where are y-"

"AH YOHAN THAT'S MY-"

"There you are." He looked at Solaris, "Ah Lord Vigil if you could lend me a hand?"

Solaris rolled his eyes and reached in.

"On three. One...two..."

"Wait. Wait wait wait!"

"Threeee." They pulled Hitch out of the pile of documents.

"I said waaiiit!" Hitch yelled as she emerged. 

Hitch was a female researcher and alchemist second only to Yohan. She had brunette hair that went down to her mid back. Her eyes were hazel brown. She wore a lab coat, although that's not it was. It was actually just a long white coat enchanted to protect her from hazardous material, basically a lab coat. Her inner layers were actually more akin to that of an artist, complete with the pocket and stains.

Hitch stood up and covered her breast. Her face was beet red and she was glaring at Yohan. "You PERVERT!" She screamed as she smacked him across the face.

Yohan rubbed his cheek and chuckled. "Nice to see you too."

Hitch noticed Solaris and gasped. "I am so sorry." She snatched his hand and eagerly shook it. "You must be our new Lord Vigil, Solaris."

"Hi," Solaris greeted as he yanked his hand back. 

"Sorry," Hitch giggled, "It's just you being here makes me so excited."

"That's great and all Hitch," Yohan interrupted, "how did this happen?"

"Well from the moment I saw that sword, I felt like I saw it before somewhere. So I went digging into these old documents and let's say I was little to excited when I saw it."

"Oh?" Yohan's interest was peaked, "This sword from our Lord Vigil was seen before?"

"Yes it has! It's even been recorded." She took out an old book from her pocket, "Here," and handed it to Yohan.

Yohan began flipping through the pages. When he saw the sword, his eyes widened. He then glanced quickly from Solaris to the sword in the lab, then to Solaris, then to the sword, then to Solaris, etc.

"I couldn't find anything about his weird little contraption though."

"This...is...AMAZING!" Yohan exclaimed. He shoved his face into Solaris', who promptly shoved him away. "You...that...YOU HAVE THE FULGUR CAELUM FERRUM!" 

Solaris raised his brow in confusion.

Yohan sighed, "The Lightning Sky Blade?"

Solaris remained silent and confused.

"The sword that is said to contain the power of Mjolnir? The other blade of Susanoo? No? None of these ringing a bell?"

Solaris shook his head.

Yohan sighed in disappointment. "It's a very special sword. One of the most powerful in fact. Said to be one of the 10 strongest swords created by the hands of man."

Solaris simply shrugged his shoulders. He didn't care about titles or legends, especially since he was plagued by one.

They went into the main lab. The two scientists simply awed at the sword. Solaris grew impatient. "So can I get it back?"

"Of...of course," Hitch responded. She opened the tube and handed Solaris the sword. Using the strap on the sheath, he wrapped it around his waist, with the sword resting on his left hip. 

"I'm a bit confused," Yohan interjected, "You had such a powerful weapon at your disposal, but when you went to fight, you didn't use it. Rather, you didn't even take it into battle. Why?"

Solaris looked down at the blade and frowned. "I will never draw this blade. If I do," he looked at Yohan, "then I'll be the same as the monsters I slay."

The room grew cold and silent. Then as if to break the ice, that jolly old fellow came yelling into the room. "OI! That revulvor of yur's. It's done mate."

"Thank you Regal." Yohan spoke, finally breaking out of the atmospheric choke hold.

Regal strutted up to Solaris. " 'Ere ya go, Lod Vigil." He handed Solaris his revolver. Solaris accepted it and put it into the holster that was on his right thigh. 

"Well I guess that's everything." Yohan crossed his arms, "Almost everything."

"What do you mean," Hitch tilted her head.

"Solar-Lord Vigil. I have a question."

"What?"

"Do you know what you're going to do from here?"

"I don't know. Find a way home I guess."

"I figured. Then," Yohan pointed at himself, "allow me to accompany you on that quest."

"Huh?" Everybody asked like a scratching record.