Chapter 11: The Snow-Ilk

*Our story returns to the day of the invasion of Altea. Where Solaris Bane Starjna, the Calamity Marked, fought valiantly to defend the city of Altea against the horde of monsters.*

A wooden wagon barred with steel beams was making its way towards Altea. On it were the criminal scum of the earth. All they knew was that this convoy was their last time to see the sub and blue sky.

The guard driving the wagon yawned. "Man todaaaaay is a dozer."

"Say what now?" Another guard riding a horse nearby responded.

"A dozer."

"The hell is that?"

"Meaning it is boring. More boring than watching grass grow."

"Be glad that it's boring. That means nothing has happened and let's hope it stays that way."

"I know but..." the guard pouted, "I didn't join the Altea Army to not do nothing. I wanted to be a hero or do some heroic deeds. Action, adventure. All that stuff. Not this."

"Haha," the other guard laughed, "maybe one day. You'll get yours yet. I remember when I was like that."

Just then, a huge flock of crows flew overhead. They numbered in the thousands.

The older guard squinted. "That's not a good sign." He spurred his horse and rode in front of the wagon. He quickly glanced left and right. "Let's make haste to Altea. I don't like this."

"Yes sir," the wagon driver responded and snapped his reins.

They arrived at the gate. The wagon driver breathed a sigh of relief. "I guess it was just anxiety after all eh, sergeant?"

"I guess so. Come. Let's take these prisoners to their cells."

A prisoner on the wagon shook his head as he awoke. "Rough ass ride," he complained as he massaged his neck.

"Quiet you. You're lucky you even get a ride. You and these other bandits."

The prisoner was slim. He barely had any muscle on him. Yet, he gave off an ominous aura. The bandit across from him grunted and growled at him. "I knew we shouldn't have took you in snow-ilk. Your kind brings nothing but misfortune and misery."

The prisoner scoffed. "Don't blame me for your poor planning Bowel."

"WHY YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Bowel tried reaching for the prisoner, but the restraints held him back. All he could grab was the prisoner's cloak that was covering him, revealing the prisoner.

****

Snow-ilk were people with white hair and crimson red eyes. Their skin were fair and pale and more often than not, they were slim folk, thus the name snow-ilk. However, that was just a derogatory term given to them. They were no different than a normal human other than a genetic mutation. This prisoner, was one of them, a snow-ilk. It is said that due to there lack of saturation, snow-ilk attract misfortune like no other. Because of this, the snow-ilk were always discriminated against in life. This prisoner was no different.

****

"Hey stop fighting back there," the driver ordered.

"Yeah," the prisoner smirked, "or who knows what other misfortune I'll bring."

Bowl growled, "Hmph."

The wagon they were on was in the South District. They could see the execution mound up high, overlooking the entire district. The driver squinted, "Sir, looks like there's somebody up there?"

"What?" The older guard gazed at the cliff, "Why that red hair...it's Captain Scarlett."

"Huh, guess they got her on execution duty 'ey."