Tearful Greetings

This, along with the succeeding chapters was written on January 24, 2024

Previously:

North couldn't say a word, but smiled the slightest bit as South took his hands. North's tunnel vision began to fade, South's voice echoing in his ears.

"No." South's voice quivered. "Please!"

North Korea slumped in South's arms.

"Wake up!"

"WAKE UP!"

_______

North Korea jolted awake in a hospital bed, machines beeping and whirring around him. South Korea was in tears by his side, Japan was staring at him. Her eyes widened and she dashed over to North.

"North!" She exclaimed. South Korea shot up straight, disbelief written all over his expression. Disoriented and confused, North Korea sat up, panicking as he got his arm tangled in the IV tubes and wires.

"What's happening?" He asked, frantically writhing through the wires. "Aren't you dead!?" North Korea's eyes darted around the sterile room, his heartbeat quickening.

Japan put a warm, comforting hand on North's shoulder. "You were in a coma for about a month." Japan explained in a calming demeanor. "You had severe internal bleeding and brain damage after the car crash."

"I've...I've been dreaming this whole time?" North asked. He turned over to South who was speechless. His face was free of bullet holes. He took a closer look at Japan in her lilac dress. Both of her eyes were in place.

South Korea curiously ventured into the conversation. "Dream about what?" North Korea hesitated before explaining everything he thought he experienced.

He talked about the argument, the date, and mundane events like playing with Okinawa and the zoo, but he began to blubber when talking about the glitches, watching Okinawa die, and the fight with America.

"Th-then he shot me and I woke up." North concluded, shaky. South Korea stared with sympathy, Japan with intrigue. Silence hung in the room, before clanking footsteps were heard outside.

"Okinawa's okay now." Russia's voice broke the silence like a sledgehammer to a glass window. "It was just a nervous meltdown." She walked in, holding Okinawa's hand.

Okinawa looked up and saw North awake and immediately rushed over. She was jumping up and down with relief and joy. "North!" She squealed, hugging him tightly. Russia, who was a little slow, realized North was awake. She clumsily walked over, tripping over her own feet many times.

"The gracefulness was also a dream." North thought, finding Russia's clumsiness endearing.

"You're not dead!" Russia exclaimed happily. "Um, wait, I mean—dammit." She mumbled. North Korea chuckled. He was happy to see his family. They weren't perfect at all.

Okinawa was hyperactive, much more than in his dreams.

Russia was klutzy, unlike the version he dreamed of.

South was an emotional mess, his reactions more violent than how calm they'd been in his dream.

And Japan was the same rigid lady she'd always been: rarely smiling or making jokes, but a big fat pushover.

North Korea couldn't be happier, but he couldn't help but feel the weight of guilt pressing on him. "They're perfect the way they are." He thought. "Nothing needs to change."

"OhmygoshNorthyou'realiveandIloveyousomuchandImademoresnakefriendsandnamedoneKimIlSungbecauseyes." Okinawa rambled, faster than the fastest bullet train. North Korea nodded in acknowledgement. Japan and South smiled at the sight while Russia was tangled in the curtains.