Chapter 13

(DANIEL'S POV)

Hush! Keep calm. Head to your house. Lock the door. And forget about that one.

Danny Baby, you will always be my number one, my foot!

Aiden can go to hell with her love and everything she feels. I am not doing this another minute. I don't fucking care if I have to hit myself in the chest everytime my stupid heart starts to miss her. I will gladly plant a dented knife in it if that ever happens.

Who the hell does she think she is? Going around, trying to make me feel bad about things I say or do. Let her go ahead and mess her life up by going back to her exes. I hate her being like that. It is getting worse by the day.

I know a lot about friendship. I know what I give and what I expect to have in return. There is no what-I-give-I-give-freely bullshit. We both give, we both receive. If we share any kind of relationship, I ask for loyalty, respect and understanding. I don't enjoy having to look behind my back a hundred times to see if you are planning on stabbing me. I would rather you look me dead in the eye and tell me you don't like me. And you can be sure I will do the same.

"So what's all this fuss about?" I hear and keep walking to Stacey's car.

"Hello? I'm talking to you. Why so rude?" Mr Jesse Hudson, aka Mr Pretty Boy, comes by the door as I succeed in buckling my seatbelt despite the rage animating me.

"For your own sake, Hudson, fuck off. Or I swear paramedics will have a hard time trying to keep your upper jaw attached to the lower one till you get to the hospital.

"I'd like to see how you make that happen. Little bird with the great beak." He mimics a bird's beak.

"I've been tolerant up till now cause Aiden wanted to keep this house and I cared about her. I can assure you things have changed today. So, beware." I glare at him, feeling the red blood cells bumping against my cheeks as I heat up.

"Again... Words... Wrapped up in anger and fear, your broken ego sprinkled on top. Drop the angry-man attitude with me. It's all pretense and games. We both know you're very unlikely to get out of your car and start hitting me. That's not you. That's who you pretend to be to make her feel safe with you. You're not the typical bad guy."

"How would you know?" I narrow my eyes at him, wishing I had control over lightning and thunder. He would be twinkling like those freaking lights on a Christmas tree.

"Used to be that guy. And let me tell you, it works for a while only. You'll find yourself alone, looking at your stupid reflection in the shattered pieces of your bathroom mirror. Let go of that anger. Of that resentment. Remember the person you are deep inside. Without her." He crosses his arms, leaning his back against the car, looking at the house.

"Oh, you mean that pathetic loser who has lost his bearings, his will to live and any good sense? I don't think you can understand what she means to me, how much of herself she gives to me. I won't be able to pay back. I'll be grateful to the grave. That sexy lunatic, smart ass, crazy/mad, nerve-racking woman." I let out, mixed feelings filling my heart.

"Yeah! She might be all that... But she's causing so much pain. She's such a torment, a terror. I'd rather be alone than be with someone like her. She drains too much of your energy, Daniel. I see it." True  but why does he think he has the right to say that about her?

"If that's everything you've seen in her, you must be blind. I don't like you speaking of things you don't know. We're not friends. Aiden and I are-"

"Toxic for each other." He tries to complete my sentence.

"Maybe, but that's not your fucking business." I am pissed off and he is looking for me.

"You are a good guy but she's toxic. A selfish bitch that couldn't care less about you. See, she didn't even come to say goodbye. She isn't worth it, Daniel. Wake up! She is using you for sex and company. She'll get rid of you the moment she finds another guy that would gladly screw her." I see red at his words and rage out of the car, slamming the door.