8

I unexpectedly went to my village for holi celebration, and there were network issues. Hence, i couldn't update.

Sorry for the delay :(
*****

Aniruddh was walking around the study, with a case file in his hands but wasn't able to focus.

The day or correctly said, night, he went to bondita's room and how they spent some time together after so long.

It felt nice. Calming, even.

She barely talked to him, but that night, after so many days, she atleast talked to him. Laughed with him. Got mad at him in that playful ways of her.

Felt like their old days, when they used to be around each other; laugh together, pull each other's legs and what not.

It was funny, how aniruddh considered the early and after days of their marriage as 'old days'. As if it had been years since they've married.

But it had been probably a year and a quarter something.

Everything was great between them until their first year anniversary. That was when the downfall phase started. Bondita learning the truth. Her being hell bent on making him accept her as his wife.

The fiasco with manorama, their fake marriage, and now this.

All the troubles in a span of 3 to 4 months.

But it felt so relieving to spend some time with her after months. It calmed him to a certain level, he now felt that maybe there was some hope. Some hope that maybe things would get back to normal.

It just needed efforts, probably lots. But he was willing to put in efforts. No double thoughts at that. He would do anything to fix their bond. To make her happy again, to get back his chirpy sweet bondita.

A knock on the door disturbed his thoughts.

Two more knocks. He felt a smile coming up on his face.

He looked up from his file to find bondita standing at the threshold. It was as if his smile widened.

"Bondita..come. I've told you not to knock." He said as he shut close the file and kept it on his desk.

He was expecting a notorious reply but just received a hum from her. His smile dimmed an inch.

Stupid, stupid aniruddh. As if everything would be back to normal so easily.

"Your coffee, Barrister babu.." bondita told him, kept it on the glass table and then turned around to leave the study.

"Bondita..!" Aniruddh didn't realise when he called her out.

She stopped at her place immediately, but didn't turn around.

"Ji?"

"Can you sit here for sometime, please?" He hesitantly requested.

She stood there a second, as if contemplating, but then nodded nevertheless.

Aniruddh's smile managed to light up.

She turned and sat down on the small couch while he sat on the long sofa, to give her some space.

He picked up the coffee, took a sip and almost sighed out loud in content. His eyes shut with pleasure.

Home. It felt like home.

Aniruddh would be tired from a hectic day at the court, wanting nothing more than to be alone and in peace.

But bondita, and her coffee...

God, they felt the peace he craved.

He wanted to be alone after a hectic day, sure, but alone with bondita and her coffee.