12

Back after three weeks :). Summer vacations would be starting soon so the updates would start to be on time.
**

"Kaka..?" Aniruddh knocked on the open door of his kaka's room.

Trilochan who was going through some papers, stopped to look at him with a bit of surprise.

"Arey aniruddh beta, come. Come inside." His kaka said, keeping the papers aside for his nephew.

Aniruddh entered and stood beside the foot of the bed, looking at his kaka.

"Why are you standing? Sit down." His kaka told him with furrowed eyebrows.

He nodded, and sat down infront of his kaka on the bed.

"So...how did you suddenly remember this old man?" His kaka teased.

"Kaka...you know it's not like that.." aniruddh sighed at his kaka's teasing.

"Yeah yeah, as if you visit me otherwise." Trilochan Roy Chaudhary rolled his eyes at his nephew.

"Ofcourse, I do!" Aniruddh defended himself with a slight high voice, but gave a slight sheepish smile as he saw his kaka raising his brow.

"Okay, yeah. Maybe. I'm busy these days with few cases, kaka." He explained.

"Whatever you say, beta.." his kaka said, with fake sweetness dripping from his voice.

Aniruddh cringed at it.

"Anyways...how are you?" He asked sweetly.

"How do I look, to you?" His kaka asked, with a serious expression.

"Kaka, you can answer me in yes or no, you know." Anirudhh told his kaka, noticing his sarcasm.

"Aniruddh, I know...I know very well. But where's the fun in that?" His kaka laughed out the typical dad laugh, his serious face melting away.

While aniruddh shook his head with a smile on his face.

"So..just get to the point. I know you're not here just for asking about me.

I've got other work to do!" His kaka huffed.

"Okay, zamindar ji. I came here to talk about bondita..." Aniruddh's mood took a bit of a serious turn and so as his kaka's.

"What about bahu?" His kaka asked in his defensive tone.

Was he here to complain or something about his bahu to him?

He wouldn't be that stupid.

His subconscious said, making trilochan feel smug from inside.

Ofcourse everyone knew, it was better to talk to a raging bull than to complain about bondita to her kakasasurji.

As a matter-of-fact, to anyone in the haveli. Everyone adored her to death.
Haveli ki jaan, she was.

"You know...her and batuk's unit tests are coming up..." aniruddh trailed off, trying to hint his kaka what the talk was about.

But his kaka remained oblivious.

"Oh..?" His kaka sounded confused. Utterly confused. So maybe he didn't know afterall.

"Hmm...in a week." Aniruddh further informed.

"So what does it have to do with me?" His kaka asked, playing the dumb card.

He knew what did it have to do with him. He knew as soon as his nephew brought up the test thing.

"Almost everything. And you know it." Aniruddh had a slight idea of his kaka's play of ignorance and innocence.