Talk

The two finally sat down on a grassy park, not too long from where they originally were. There weren't many benches, so they agreed on sitting directly on top of the grass itself.
John heard the faint sound of a guitar, and singing. It felt strange to him, as the music sounded familiar, yet celebratory. The sound's source was near a relatively large mosaic.
The music sounded like that of his own, but John chose not to focus on it.
"So, how have you been feeling, John?" George inquired.
"I've been alright. Quite confused and somewhat disheveled, though. I'd truly love to know what's actually going on. How about you?"
"Well, I will admit that I am scared. Scared for you, scared as to what's going on with me," George sighed.
"That's fair. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with myself now, y'know?" John chuckled tensely.
George gave an anxious look towards John, which only reflected the feeling onto the latter.
"John, I don't want to die."
"I know how you feel. I think I'm just as terrified as you are. At least it's not happening right now, isn't that great?"
"Yeah, it's just that—" George accidentally cut himself off by coughing abruptly. "I'm sorry for that," he murmured.
"No. No. Don't apologize to me, George. You've done not a single thing wrong," John said softly.
George gave a small sigh. "Y'know, the fact that you're—we're, aware of how and when you die is incredibly frightening. It's like you're on constant alert because something could happen so suddenly."
"It's all so mad, George. It's completely mad. You don't deserve it at all. You don't deserve any of this. What you do deserve is to be safe and have a genuine feeling of comfort," John went on in a frustrated manner. He meant exactly what he said.
"I feel the same way for you, John. I don't want this for both of us at all. I do suppose that we'll have to eventually move on a bit from this, though. I'm not too sure how, but we'll find a way, right?"
"We've got to get back to 1964 before I can actually think about anything. It's all been so overwhelming, don't you think so?"
"I do agree with you on that, if there even is a way."
"I sure hope there is," John muttered.
George brought up a new topic suddenly, one that would bring them to a lighter place, mentally.
"Are you hungry at all? I've been for a very long time."
"I've eaten practically nothing all day! Of course, I'm starving!" John exclaimed.
"Alright, let's find a place, then."
George got up, and John followed.
John observed all of the people who went about their days so casually. He wondered what they were thinking.
Seemingly out of the blue, a teenage girl approached them. John looked at her with confusion.