1994

Dyed a furious red, the sky was announcing the merciless storm that kept most of the citizens sheltered in their homes. Classes had been canceled as well as work days, even the authorities announced a curfew hour with the aim of protecting the inhabitants. A few minutes before the deserted city received five in the afternoon, a young man wandered the streets. Falling in love with the gloomy aspect of this being his refuge from his disastrous reality, his mother had called him a liar when he tried to tell her about his uncle and grandmother's attacks on him, his grandfather's bad looks and how those in his building enjoyed the show, it didn't hurt him to be the target of those fierce arrows launched, it hurt him that his mother preferred to believe anyone except him, he even stated that he was bipolar, words said by his grandfather's niece; They say that the moment comes when the chalice of bitter feelings overflows and his fears made him flee before the discussion became tinted like the sky of that Seoul that had witnessed his infinite anguish.

He was heading via his paternal grandmother's house after finishing his schedule at Heaven's Cloud, the hotel where he worked as a waiter. The music from his headphones distanced him from the world in such a way that he did not notice the incessant calls while he crossed the street while his body was hit by a car. His blood adorned the floor and his entire being seemed decorated with rubies.

That was the last thing Joshua Hong remembered dimly before his eyes opened to find himself in a luxurious room bathed in dark colors and meticulously decorated following that pattern of sober colors.

The sound of the storm made him react and, strangely, he got out of bed, walking towards the huge window a few steps from the bed, appreciating how the rain fell artistically like a sweet agony on the buildings, shaking trees and creating chaos in many homes. which at that time seemed like a fish tank, no one dared to see beyond their limits and being different terrified them, that's why his family treated him like an outcast, humiliating him just for not being good enough for them.

"I see that you are enjoying the view."

A velvety voice behind him reminded him of his unknown whereabouts.

From the shadows in which the mysterious silhouette of a man was hidden, it became a remotely known face, angelic features framed by copious hair that rested at the level of his shoulders, sharp chin, lazy eyes that shone inhumanly in the darkness.

"Mr. Yoon? - He gently recognized the person who seemed to have hosted him.

"I was run over... shouldn't I be in the hospital?"

He asked that peculiar man whom he had met that morning.

The aforementioned river and approached the minor, taking the liberty of caressing one of the reddish locks that lay disheveled in Hong's dark hair.

"Shua, you should be dead, and you are, that car caused you serious injuries."

"Then why am I alive?" He asked, confused, losing his sight in those orbs that seemed increasingly darker.

Jeonghan smiled at the youngerd's interruption before discreetly placing one of his hands on the waist of the feline-eyed one, leading him to the large mirror placed in the corner of the room, everything seemed in order, except his new appearance, like a trapped deer. Between the nets of a hunter he looked terrified at the one with raven hair.

"I think you already have an idea." He whispered in the ear of the neophyte who denied a couple of times.

"Why!?" He claimed, hitting the older man's chest, seeing that his blows were totally useless on the older man.
"Why!?" Joshua reiterated, not realizing the exact moment in which he had begun to cry.
"What are you thinking about? Does it benefit having me alive?"

A sad smile emerged from the vampire's neutral face.

"Shua, the human being is a selfish creature, and I am even more so, I could not allow myself to lose you, not when I spent hundreds of years looking for you, loving you and counting every heartbeat, waiting for you to tell me the exact moment when you would walk next to me. side for eternity." The vampire explained, trying to hug Joshua only to be abruptly pushed away.

"You're crazy, this is a nightmare, nothing is real." Hong shouted, hugging himself, taking refuge in one of the dark corners of the cabin.

With slow steps, the one with angelic features cautiously approached, lifting the younger's chin, establishing unbreakable eye contact with him.

"Your life is too precious to lose, you will create precious memories, and I promise you that in the future you will not stop smiling. I don't deny that there will be days when everything will hurt, or days when thirst will blind you, but I will try to help you make all of that pass quickly,
​I will guide you along this red path and all the others, in the darkness, in the middle of the night, in the silence where you think no one is by your side I will fulfill in the name of this love that I feel for you." Jeonghan confessed, erasing with his thumbs the tears that moistened the chestnut's no longer blushing cheekbones.
"When there's madness, when is poison in your head, when sadness leaves you broken in bed, I will hold you and the deepest of your  despair, and you call in the name of the love that I promise to profess to you, but that I am now able to share with you if you allow me, Shua.

Was it okay to trust that bloodthirsty creature in the blink of an eye? His weakness had always been being loved and that vampire seemed desperate to have his love. They couldn't blame him after giving so much and not receiving anything good in return, having someone promise him heaven and earth was tempting. May God forgive him but he would be intoxicated by that addictive sensation for all eternity and the rest of his life, over and over again, and no one would be able to blame him for that.

"I do."