1995

The days continued to be gray for Jisoo who walked through that enormous mansion in which he somehow found himself captive, but for some reason he liked that silver cage. In the first days of his conversion, he did not dare to leave his room, but, with a little support from the other vampire, he dared to complete his exile by allowing himself to wander through those infinite hallways full of history every day.

He observed a curious painting, dating from 1509, on the canvas a king was in front of a colossal palace. He delicately ran his fingers over the painting, recognizing its protagonist as the man who saved him and at the same time condemned him to eternal life.

For so many decades that vampire had been alone, he tried to understand him, however, his mind continued to believe that he had been selfish in transforming him no matter how much he tried to justify his actions with the strange love that he claimed to profess for her.

"I see that something caught your attention in this enormous cage." Jeonghan softly mentioned, behind Jisoo's back, making the latter turn around, finding that angelic face that seemed to hypnotize him, which had shades of sadness of which He seemed to never get rid of it.

The minor gasped slightly surprised by the last word said by the older man, trying to remember if he had said it out loud or not.

"You don't need to say that you consider this place a cage when in my neophyte moment it was like that, we will only be here until you learn to control your thirst." The one with long hair explained, trying to keep the one with feline eyes away from that sad living room that reminded him of how happy he once thought he was.

"When you were human were you happy?" It was the only thing Hong dared to say.

That sad smile once again sprung from the lips of the lazy-eyed one who, crestfallen, took one of the minor's hands.

"Were you?"  Jeonghan rhetorically asked the one with feline eyes who only avoided the older's gaze, trying to prevent him from seeing the furtive tear that adorned one of his cheeks.

The eldest of the vampires, with his free hand, held the youngest's chin, causing both of them to get lost in each other's gaze.

"I know that we both weren't, that's why I thought you were like me, but the difference is that I believed I was happy, and I convinced myself of that, while you were braver by accepting said sadness and living it, that's why I think As selfish as it may sound, it is our time to be happy, I want to remove that sadness from your eyes, I want you to smile and not seem like you carry a huge weight on your shoulders, I want to be able to carry it with you even if we just met Shua."

After saying that, he did not wait for the newly turned vampire to draw him into a much-needed hug for both of them, apparently that blue ribbon of experiences seemed to unite them both, and for the first time they let that repressed feeling come out without being stopped by someone, they both cried to then laugh at the irony of what many called life, after so many years that suitcase seemed to be left in the middle of a road where they both wanted it to be forgotten.

The youngest separated himself a few centimeters from the long-haired one, taking the liberty of playing with them for a few seconds before speaking again.

"How do you know so much about me?"

"I can see everyone's past, you were present in each of my lives, or have a slight idea, that is my gift as a vampire." Yoon answered.
"Soon you will discover yours although I know you already had it in sometime."

"I feel as if I have already lived this moment." Joshua confessed, smiling after a few seconds as he understood what his gift was.
"I can see the future." He whispered happily as if it were a secret.

Faced with the tender expression on Joshua's face, Jeonghan could only smile, infected by the discreet happiness that Jisoo's eyes reflected as they shrank like two crescent moons accompanied by a tiny smile.

"I think I'm falling in love with the only person I'm going to allow to break my heart." The long-lived vampire thought without realizing that he had said that out loud, realizing his carelessness when he saw the blushing expression. from Joshua who took Jeonghan's hands in his hands, giving him a sweet look before saying

"Everything will be fine, Hannie."