2003

A new millennium was dawning and both vampires enjoyed the beauty of the streets of Paris, reliving every memory they had created when they met in the city of lights.

Jeonghan, laughing, told him about the time when the Eiffel Tower was being built, where Parisian society was criticizing that piece of iron, as they used to call the monument, which today was considered one of the seven wonders of the world. To this story were added other stories about the places he had visited during those years and how much they had changed with the unforgivable passage of time.

"We tend to be close to people who can leave, from people we know to people we don't, what hurts the most is that the people who leave can be either known or unknown." Joshua mentioned before tasting the croissant au chocolat that he had been carrying in his hands for a long time, which had been forgotten when their conversation began.

"That's life, Shua, we all experience that, what many of us don't dare to leave are people who don't want to stay by our side, it's sad, but even if we hold on to them, they will go away."

The older vampire said, passing one of his hands over the younger's shoulders, observing how the young vampire rested his head in the space between the long-haired man's neck and head as if seeking refuge, enjoying the warmth that he thought he felt even if it sounded impossible, walking like that while strolling through elegant Paris.

"Are you saying that for someone in particular?" Joshua questioned, receiving a vague sound in response that came from the older's lips.

"I would be lying if I said no, before being converted, I had fallen madly in love with a beautiful woman, we got married, however she never reciprocated the love I gave her, I always believed it was like that, but seeing her look the same way as I did it with her, one of the guards taught me that lesson, that you can't keep people by your side no matter how much you want them if they don't want it. Years passed, and she hated me so much that she organized a plot."  He said  hid his face from the cold in the scarf that surrounded his shoulders and neck, protecting himself from the low temperatures and attracting the feline-eyed one more to his embrace.

"Do you miss.."

" To tell the truth, no, I used to miss her but not now." Yoon quickly answered the question she asked.

Jisoo stretched his lips into a thin line not wanting to continue the topic.
To the older's surprise, the young vampire remained too quiet and absorbed in his thoughts, causing the elder to stop their journey in front of a cafe, both of them entering it enjoying the warm atmosphere that said place had.

They sat down at a table, Jeonghan ordered a coffee while the youngest opted for a cocoa, both sinking back into a silence that the lazy-eyed one broke.

"Now it's my turn to ask, do you miss someone, Jisoo."

The aforementioned hesitated to respond, however he nodded before answering.

"Strange as strange as it may sound to my family and my few friends, there are days when I saw them from afar, in some they looked sad and in others I saw them moving forward." he said with his head down.

"You shouldn't be ashamed of that, it's natural. Even if you don't believe it, we are still human and have feelings, even if we think our heart beats, it does, and if it's any use, my heart at your side always does."

The youngest could only smile when he heard that, feeling at home for a long time, a place where he could cry and laugh, a place where it seemed possible to rewrite the stars.

Joshua watched Jeonghan get up and extend one of his hands to him, taking it while giving the angelic-featured look one of those looks that easily made Yoon fall in love, opening himself to the magic that each of her adventures seemed to have. He accepted for the thousandth time the vampire's invitation to dance through those tiles that could become clouds, both of them dancing in the deserted cafeteria, marking a sweet rhythm accompanied by the unknown melody that was playing on the radio, feeling that the world could be his own in a blink.

He doesn't knew if it was Paris or if it was just them.