For Ahlirah

Man, it felt like life was movin' at a hundred miles per hour. Here I was, tryna juggle all the craziness that came with bein' a new mama, and Drique, he was still hustlin' and in college. But despite all that, he stepped up in a big way.

Next thing I knew, he was rentin' us a whole apartment for our daughter and me. We weren't stayin' at mama's house no more, nah. We were takin' a leap of faith and makin' moves to Montgomery, Alabama. It was a fresh start for our little family, a chance to create a home of our own.

I couldn't believe it, man. Drique, the same dude who had bounced to Duke University without lookin' back, was now investin' in our future. He knew he had to be there for our daughter, and he was provin' it in actions, not just words.

We packed up our stuff, said our goodbyes to mama and grandmama, and headed to Montgomery. It wasn't easy, adjustin' to a new city, a new life, but we were in it together. We were buildin' somethin' special, somethin' our daughter could be proud of.

And let me tell ya, Montgomery embraced us like family. The people, the vibes, it was a whole different world. We started connectin' with other young parents, joinin' baby groups and support networks. It was a whole community that came together to uplift and empower each other.

Drique, he kept workin' hard in college, jugglin' his classes and still findin' time to be present for us. He became a regular fixture at doctor appointments, diaper-changin' sessions, and midnight bottle feedings. He was there, holdin' our daughter close, showin' her the love she deserved.

Montgomery became our new stompin' ground, a place where our daughter could grow up feelin' loved and supported. And I'll forever be grateful to Drique for takin' that leap of faith, for showin' me that change is possible, and for givin' our little family the chance to thrive. 

Although he drove hours just to show up for our daughter when he could i still couldn't find it in myself to forgive him fully. He was the first boy i gave my heart too and i lost my virginity to him. Latasha Green and i didn't get along at all in school. She was one of those girls that was jealous of people because they grew up around love. It was sad that she had a fucked up childhood but that doesn't make it okay for you to be nasty to everyone around you. 

I wanted to press her so bad about my nigga but that would only make me look like a fucking clown and i wasn't going out sad behind him. I strtd working for a senior care home after my six weeks for our daughter Ahlirah was up. When i would get home at night it would be dark and of course i would have to tend to Ahlirah,exhausted and all. I walked into my job one day and in my bosses office sat Latasha Green. She was dressed in a black and white suit and had her hair pinned up. Chile, you are applying to be a caregiver not a office secretary or some shit. I rolled my eyes because i knew the bullshit would begin. 

"Giselle! I am glad you walked by. Latasha was just telling me how she went to school with you. Latasha, Giselle has been a star employee since she arrived here last summer. Giselle i will have you training Latasha. please let her know what is expected of her and our company creed.''My boss Rebecca Lane said smiling. 

''I can do that." i smiled fakely. Deep inside i was pissed off. Not only would i have to work with Latasha Green i would have to train her also. I stood at the door as Latasha finished up paperwork than walked her to the front building. 

''Come back tomorrow at 9.'' I said to her getting ready to turn to walk away when she stopped me. 

''Damn...Its like that Giselle...no hey how are you doing nothing??''

''Latasha you know you and i have never been cool plus i caught you with my babyfather."'

''You are still holding onto middle school beef?and who is your baby daddy?''