She Ain't You: Drique's Part

Carlos Santana's Maria song played loudly in the penthouse. I sat on the couch holding a can of beer in my hand. My day was long and i was super tired. Mari was in the kitchen cooking dinner. It was the first time she had ever made me a meal and i was kind of scared. I missed Giselle's cooking . Giselle could cook her ass of and bake too. Damn i really fucked up thinking i lucked up and Giselle still don't know I'm creeping with this girl. I watched as Mari danced and smiled. She brought my place to me and lifted the beer can out of my hand. 

I began to eat and didn't finish it. I don't like spicy food and i told Mari several times i hated spicy food. 

"Whats wrong?"Mari asked watching me put the plate down.

"I told you i don't like spicy food. I don't like Spanish food either."i said sitting up

"So what do you want to eat? I brought some Thai food too i can make you that. "

"Imma go get Chinese."I got up and headed to the bedroom to grab my jacket. When i went to get my keys out of the drawer i noticed ovulation kits, vitamins, lube and other stuff. 

Mari walked up behind me and instantly shut the drawer. 

"Whats this?"I asked 

"Nothing...its nothing."Mari said standing in front of the drawer.

"Are you trying to get pregnant?"

Mari's eyes filled with tears and she sat on the bed and bowed her head.

"I'm just mad that we got rid of the baby. I love you Drique i want to have a family with you."

"Mari... I don't want to have kids to you. I have a family. you're supposed to be my stress reliever not my headache."

"Why her? Why is she so damn special? "

"Why isn't she? She's my first love.."

Mari followed me out to the front room and was angry as hell.

"Why did you make move ? So i could watch you parade around town like a happy family while i stayed i the shadows?"

"Yes that's exactly what i did! i pay for everything of yours shit be grateful!"I yelled. 

"Thats real sad Tydrique.. you didn't even have to deal with me you could've left me when we aborted the baby."

"Mari..if you wanna go back to North Carolina go ahead...but the paying your bills and fooling with you stops..your choice."

"You know what...no...i think imma stick around a little longe rbut i need some respect Tydrique."

"Respect? You don't even respect yourself."I laughed before walking out the door. Mari was  known to be a whore and wanted me to wife her up. What sense did that make. I drove to a Chinese shop and picked up food before heading back to the penthouse. 

While sitting on the couch after eating dinner a text shot through my phone. It was my home Greg. He sent me a picture of Giselle dressed up and smiling in a mirror with Ahlirah. She was beatoiful and didn't even have to try. If Mari's brother didn't get me into the NFL i would've dropped Mari quicker but i need to keep her around for at least another year while i make this money. I don't need no scandals early in my career. When i walked to the bedroom Mari was sound asleep. Her body was perfect and her long brown hair hung down her back . I began to look at her before taking off my clothes. 

She got up and began kissing on my neck. 

"I;m sorry baby."She whispered as she got down on her knees and began giving me head,.