New Things

I let Brick use one of the vehicles and he told me to stay home while he prepared the perfect date for me and him while Ahlirah stayed with the maid. I was 6 months pregnant and feeling every bit of stuffed and hot. Brick blind folded me and lead me to the car. We were driving for  a little before we stopped. Brick got out of the car and helped me walk. I knew that we were in grass because of how the ground felt underneath my sandals.

"Slowly sit down."Brick said helping me sit down. He took the blindfold off and we were sitting on a blanket. There was food surrounding us , drinks and a stereo and we were at a park. The park had a river and several ducks were running around the other side of the river. 

"This is so romantic Brick thank you."I smiled

"Anything for you shawty."He smiled 

"I know on the day i have the baby Drique would have to be there. I will make sure its recorded."

"Two weeks until he comes back right...been  a great two months."

"Yeah..it has...I'm almost upset that it has to end."I said shaking my head.

"Only for  a little while. everytime you come to Alabama you can bring him...just get started on that third kid right away."

"We definitely are as soon as my six weeks are up."I said smiling slightly

"I wish it was with me tho."

"I wish i would've met you sooner but it is what it is now. I just need you to be patient and ride with me Brick."

"I got you...and my son."He said kissing my stomach. 

The weeks seemed to fly by fast and i was dreading the day that Drique comes back. I said my goodbyes to Brick and got rid of any trace of him in the house. Ahlirah and i greeted Drique at the door . He kissed me then picked Ahlirah up and played with her.

"Your baby brother will be here soon Ahlirah mama."He smiled kissing her

"Yes...he will and he's heavy as hell.."I said walking back to the living room.

"How has the boutique been?"

"Its been doing great. We just got a lot of clothes in last week from some company  named LA Passion."

"I've heard of her. Her name is Pride Mcgee she makes clothes in Detroit.

"Well she has been having my business booming! Everyone wants  a La Passion sweatsuit and purse."

"Great baby...that's what we want. "

Drique walked upstairs to our bedroom. After a couple of minutes he called down to me.

"Babe have you seen my gray nike slides and my silver rolex? The one i got from Greg on moving day?"

"No....did you take them with you on the trip."

"Damn...probably left them at the motel...it's cool imma get new ones tomorrow."He said.

"Brick probably took that shit."I said to myself softly. Drique walked back downstairs wearing a white tee and black sweats. 

"Giselle. I just wanna tell you that I'm sorry. I know we've been through a lot the past two years and its my fault.. I wanna make it all up to you."

"I forgive you. all i ever wanted was for you to be mine...and mine only...you hurt me Drique."

"I know if i could take it all back i would baby. "He said

"All we can do is do different moving forward."

The next day i decided to drive down to the boutique on my way there Letoya Luckett's Like You Do came on and i started becoming emotional. Drique put me through way too much . 

"Get yourself together girl...get these kids and this bag and leave his ass." I said out loud. I walked into the store and smiled at my employees and customers. Business was running smoothly and i was glad.

"This La Passion is really bringing people in."My employee Jennyfer said . She was a short puerto rican girl with long black hair and eyelashes. She was from New York originally but moved to Minnesota a few months ago.

"I see and I'm loving it. What is the owners name again?"

"Pride Mcgee..She's a fashion designer, also donated some clothing to people in Africa. She was on Good Morning America two summers ago."Jennyfer said showing me a picture of her that came along with the clothing inventory.  She was pretty and reminded me of Lauryn Hill except her dreads were longer.

"Nice nice."

I walked to the backroom and checked the paperwork before leaving out of the store. My phone began to ring. It was Brick. 

"I know you did not take that mans slides and watch."

"Yeah..so? His ass can buy some more. How are you feeling?"

"Good. just leaving the boutique about to pick up some clothes from the dry cleaners and head home."

"Nice...so i was thinking we name the baby Jahsir."

"There is no we right now Brick... you can't be on his birth certificate."

"I ain't asking for that Giselle just give him my brothers name and my middle name."

"Whats your middle name?"

"lashaun. Jabri Lashaun..and that pussy ass niggas last name."

I laughed because Brick was so irritated by the fact he really had to play the side for a year or two.

"Okay Brick...Okay...imma text you later."

"Aight ."

I loved Brick. He was funny as hell and what he showed me the past few months was something that i wasn't used to.  When i turned the key to my house after getting my clothes from the dry cleaner i could hear Drique laughing from the other side. I could feel my hear racing. I hope this nigga aint' bring no bitch up in here. 

I walked in and he was laying on the couch with his phone up to his ear. Ahlirah was dancing along to a show on tv and the smell of pizza hung in the air. The maid must be making Pizza for dinner.

"Imma call you back Greg...aight."Drique said hanging up

"Having fun?"

"Yeah...i gotta go back on the road after the baby is born...imma be on the road for a couple weeks."

"So imma be home with Ahlirah and our son alone for three weeks?"

"Margaret will be here to help you come on now baby you gotta relax i wouldn't leave you with no help."He said holding my hands.

"Okay..okay...that's fine.."I said sitting down on the couch

"Don't be mad bae."

"I ain't mad Tydrique."I said kissing him and propping my feet up in the house.

That only meant Brick would be able to come up and help me with Jabri while Drique was gone.