Accident

Three years have passed and Ahlirah was almost 6 ,Jabri was 3 and i just gave birth to another boy that Drique and i named Zalim. Zalim was for sure Drique's because Drique stayed home for most of the year and i talked to Brick here and there and sent him money as promised. The boutique was booming and i soon opened a second one. Things were going smoothly. I saved up 100k the past three years and  only needed to get to 200k before i make the decision to leave Tydrique. While i was doing Ahlirah's hair my phone began to ring. It was Kelly and i haven't talked to Kelly in months. She was going through a bad breakup and needed some time to herself.

"Wassup girl?"I said answering the phone.

"Gi..."

"What?Whats the matter? Do i need to come down and beat Jacquez up?"

"No..Brick is dead."

My jaw dropped and hot tears fell from my eyes. 

"What? How did he die?"I asked frantically

"He was killed..he was walking outside an gas station and someone shot him."

"When was this?"

"Two weeks ago...I've been blowing your phone up."

I had two phones and i kept this phone on silent always so i did see that she called me a lot. 

"Damn I'm so mad.."

"They put Jabri in his obituary..."

I felt my skin get ice cold and this was another thing about to stress me out.

"They what?!"

"Yes.Bricks mother put Jabri in.. she knew about Jabri.. Its just his first name and middle name."She said

"Damn.. damn.. i hope nobody goes back to Drique."

"I know right tryna put two and two together."

"Thank you for telling me Kelly."

"No problem sis. i love you and get some rest."

"Love you too."I  said

Zalim starting crying and i got up from doing Ahlirah's hair and walked to the nursery

"Wahtswrong stinka man.Whats wrong with mommys baby?"I said picking him up and rocking him.

I heard foot steps and i turned around. It was Drique,

"You care to let me know why a nigga from Alabama has our sons first and middle name in his obituary?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Greg called me earlier asking about this dude. They call him Brick."

''Drique anybody can name their child Jabri Lashaun what are you talking about? you sound crazy."

"So a nigga from the same hometown as us happens to have a three year old son named Jabri Lashaun." He yelled walking towards me and grabbing my arm

"Get the fuck off me. Okay...Okay... i cheated and had a baby on you."

"What?"

"Get back for you cheating on me with Mari and having a baby." I yelled

"Is Ahlirah even my daughter? Shit is Zalim my son?"

"Oh go the fuck to hell Tydrique you know Ahlirah is your daughter and Zalim is your son too...I haven't fucked Brick in a year."

"Wow....a year..I can't believe this."He said shaking his head.