Back To Us

Months passed by and Drique began to make major improvements. He finally felt confident enough to go out in public and start doing interviews. I accompanied him and dressed as the wife he wanted me to be in the beginning. We sat down at the interview table and the news cameras flashed, the interviewer was smiling from ear to ear and we were on live television. 

"Tydrique..it has been a while since you've been on the field. How have you been feeling since the accident?" The interviewer was a woman named Teri White. She was a  mixed woman with an ivy league background . She was into the soap opera dramas and played in a few before creating her own show. 

"I have been doing well. I am back to walking, working on my family and just keeping god first."

"That is all good. now there has been rumors flying around from a girl named Maria Santos...Claiming that you two were involved in a two year relationship and had  child together that was aborted. How are you feeling about these rumors?"

"It is true.. i stepped out on my relationship before i made it to the Nfl with a girl i was going to college with. While my beautiful wife was home tending to our oldest child i was disrespecting her by sleeping with a classmate."

"So its true that Maria was pregnant."

"Yes...i asked her to get an abortion because i did not want to be with her romantically. why bring a child into the world if you cannot give them a two parent household."

"Was there something about her or ?"

I looked  at Drique because Teri's questions were starting to annoy me.

"Listen all that needs to be said is that i made a  mistake. I have learned from it and i love my wife. "

"Awesome. I am sorry Giselle i know these questions can be a little hard to hear. I see you are a Taurus....just like me."She said pointing to the tattoo on my chest.

"Yes i am..May 11th 1990."I smiled.

"Great...great..well i am glad the you guys came out to talk with us and i hope that you make a 360 Drique."She smiled

"Thank you for having us."drique said. We walked out of the studio and walked to the car. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. I was taken aback and closed my eyes. I

"Remember when we were in 9th grade and we got caught kissing under the bleachers."

"My ass still hurts from the beating my mama gave me that day."

"You brung  a pillow to school that whole week." 

We both laughed and got in the car. It began to rain and we took a long ride before driving back home.

"I love you Giselle."Drique said

"I love you too."I smiled. We held hands and walked into the house as we were walking in it began to rain. We hurried up inside and got into our night clothes.

"We should take the kids to Jamaica this summer."I said while painting my toenails

"That would be cool. I know ahlirah has been talking about going to the beach. Now that i am still on leave we should."

"Or panama."

"Ehhh...we will save the Panama trip for just us."

"We went from digging up change just to see a movie together in your moms broke down honda to now planning out of country trips."I smiled

Drique pressed his lips against mine and then positioned himself on top of me. I started to undress myself as he caressed every inch of my body, yet I couldn't help but feel a sense of disconnection that I hadn't felt in years. His touch no longer elicited the same passion within me as it once had.

As he entered me, I found myself not enjoying the physical intimacy as I had before. It was in that moment that I realized my heart wasn't fully invested in him anymore. After we had finished, I sat at the edge of the bed and gazed out the window, lost in my own thoughts

."Whats on your mind?"Drique asked me.

"Nothing...."I said before closing my eyes and laying back down..