Pride's Part"

"And one,two, three,four,five ,six,seven,eight."My dance instructor counted as we recited our steps. I felt my stomach churn and sweat dripped from my head. I ran out of the room and to the women bathroom. I flung open one of the stalls and began  throwing up all in it. The doors to the bathroom opened. In walked my friend Rosa. She placed her bag down on the sink.

"Pree..are you okay?"She asked .

"I'm fine..."I got up and walked to the sink and began washing my face before drying off with a paper towel.

"You don't look fine Pride...you look pale now."She said looking at me.

"Listen...i might be pregnant.. I've been too scared to take a  test."

"Girl take one. you know Madam Dubois will not allow you to dance on Saturday if she finds out you're pregnant."

"I know and that's why i am stalling."

"Pree...be real....who are you pregnant by?"

Rosa crossed her arms in a you better tell me kind of way.

"Tydrique...the football player for the Minnesota Vikings."

"What?! Girl..he is loaded. and fine.."She smiled

"He's also engaged with a almost two year old and another child on the way with his fiancee."

"So are you going to get an abortion?"

"No...i just won't tell him."I said holding my head high and walking out the bathroom.

"Pree be reasonable. He has to know you cannot raise that baby on your own."

"And why can't i Rosa?My mama raised me on her own, my grandmother's mother raised her on her own....I can do it...I do not not need the drama or his money."

"Well you know i will be here if you need support."

"I know and that's why i love you queen."I smiled hugging her. I left the dance studio and drove home. I only lived two blocks over but because I've been sick lately i have been driving instead of walking. I walked up to my door and saw a note outside of it. It was from my landlord.

Dear Pride Mcgee,

You are now late on your monthly payment of 1124 for April ...An eviction hearing has been scheduled for May 10th ...If you have any questions or concerns please give me a call .

I crumbled up the paper and walked into the home. My mind was running a mile a minute. I turned on the tv and checked my voicemails. There was a voicemail from Tydrique

Tydrique's voicemail: Hey sexy... i'll be in your city again this weekend. I want to see you..call me

I went to the bathroom and pulled a pregnancy test out from under the cabinet. I kept a spare one just in case i needed it and began to take the test. When those two lines popped up i didn't even cry. I took a deep breath and gave Tydrique a call. 

"Hey ...i left you a message earlier."

"I know...i know...when you're in town i need you to come right to me."

"Is everything okay?"

"We can talk when you get here."I said

Two days later he came knocking at my door. I pre-saged the house and cooked dinner. I felt nervous and was unsure where this was going to go.

"Hey Drique ."I smiled

"Hey."

We sat down in the living room after dinner and i was trying to find a way to tell him.

"I'm pregnant Tydrique.."I said.

Tydrique's jaw dropped and he got up and began pacing. 

"You can't have this child."

"& why can't i ?"

"I am about to get married Pree thats why.."

"I am keeping my baby.. you don't have to help me...I just wanted you to know."I said shaking my head. I couldn't cry because i didn't expect him to be excited or cry i just needeed to know his reaction so i would know where to go from there. I would never allow him to touch me  again. 

"Pride i am sorry."He said walking towards me.

"It's okay Tydrique....i am feeling tired so if you don't mind..."I said walking him to the door.

"Certaintly...can we keep in touch?"He asked.

"No ...we cannot.Goodbye TyDrique."I said closing the door in his face. I locked the door and sat on the couch. I continued to listen to my music before it listened to me. 

The next morning i woke up to a knock on the door. I angrily got up and opened it thinking it was Drique. 

It was a guy delivering chocolate and flowers. I took the note and read it. It was from Drique and inside an envelope held money.

"Thank you ."I said to the delivery driver before closing the door behind me. 

Dear Pride, 

I am sorry. Everything is complicated. I am trying to repair my relaionship with my fiance. I'm not gonna lie i fell in love with you. I can't be there for you teh way i should be beacuse my heart is with Giselle still. Please accept money for our child a month. All i ask is that you keep this a secret and don't contact Giselle.

Tydrique

I crumbeled up the note and put the $3000 in a box in my closet. I then took a shower and saged my home before fixing breakfast. My phone rang and it was Rosa. I already knew what she wanted.

"So did you find out?"

"I am pregnant Rosa. He knows...we can't say anything so i hope you didn't tell anyone."

"I didn't and i promise to keep it a secret."She said

"Thank you."

"Did you tell Madam Dubois that you are pregnant yet?"

"No...i will tell he after the dance. I want to dance one last time before i have my baby."I said

"I love you best friend if you need anything do call me."

"I will."

I hung the phone up and turned on my radio befroe walking to the would be nursery. I looked at the empty spare bedroom and envisioned so many ideas for it. 

"You got this Pride."I sighed out loud