Ch.8 Invasions and Confessions

Maddie POV

How could he have hidden this for this long? Am I a bad parent for not noticing my kid half died?

I could see the pain in his eyes when he knew I found out. I could see the fear in his unnatural glowing green eyes. The fear that I wouldn't love him anymore.

I will always love him. Even if he is half ghost. Half of something I hunt. He is still my son.

@@Kristin POV@@

This is bad.

I am listening in on a conversation between Skulker and Fright Knight. The ghosts are planning to attack tomorrow, and we aren't prepared yet.

I have to tell Maddie.

@@Maddie POV@@

I was down in the lab working on the gun, making improvements to it, and thinking of what I was going to say to Danny.

I heard a noise behind me, and slowly turned around to see Kristin floating behind me.

"What?" I asked her. She was staring at me with worry in her eyes.

"It's tomorrow." She stated.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked slowly.

"The invasion." Kristin whispered.

""What!" I almost yelled. She quickly put a finger to her lips.

"Be quiet, and yes. I heard Fright Knight and Skulker talking about it. I decided to warn you. We can't wait any longer, Maddie. They-They- They n-need to know!" She exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked.

"They need to know now, so when the invasion happens, everyone won't be overrun by panic. They'll panic today, but be ready for tomorrow." She explained. I groaned.

"So we have to call a meeting at City Hall tonight. This late!!" I exclaimed.

"Yep!" She smiled. I groaned again.

"I'll call Vlad to set it up." I told her while walking to the phone.

"NO! You can't! He won't help us." She stated.

"Yes, he will. He's our mayor." I stated.

"No, he won't. He's like me, Maddie. He's a halfa, a evil one. He's known as the Wisconsin Ghost, but his ghost name is Vlad Plasmius." She growled.

Vlad was evil? I've seen Danny fighting him before too! He must've known that Vlad was a halfa!

"This is not easy to take in, but okay. I'm gonna need your help to get everyone to town hall." I said. She smiled.

"No problem!" She laughed, then flew through the ceiling intangibly, to wake up folks.

"Now to get my family up." I muttered.

I walked up the stairs to the kitchen. I started banging on the walls, and yelling to get up.

I heard a few groans and footsteps come downstairs. In the doorway, I saw A sleepy Jack, Jazz, and Danny.

"We're going to town hall. Get ready." I told them.

"At 2 in the morning!!" Jazz exclaimed, rubbing her eyes from the light in the kitchen.

"Yes." I stated.

--at town hall--

"How'd you get everyone up?" I asked Kristin, who was now backstage of the town's stage.

"I'm half ghost. My methods need no explaining." She laughed. I just shook my head, while walking out onto stage.

I adjusted the microphone, and cleared my throat, getting everyone's attention.

"I know you're all wondering why your here at 2 o' clock in the morning." I stated. Everyone nodded.

"This will be a shock to you all, but I have made a friend. A ghost friend." Everyone gasped, and I could see Jack with his mouth open in disbelief.

"She has told me that a ghost invasion, led by Pariah Dark, the Ghost King, is coming tomorrow. We don't know when, but we know it's tomorrow." I said, "Her allies in the ghost zone have agreed to help us fight the bad ghosts. I need every own to be prepared tomorrow because things are gonna happen."

"Why isn't Mayor Masters telling us this?" Someone yelled from the crowd. I heard murmurs of agreement.

I looked over at Kristin from behind the curtains. She looked hesitant, but nodded. I shook my head, and motioned for her to tell them.

She looked a little afraid, but came out from behind the curtains, walking over to the microphone in ghost form.

I heard gasps of shock.

"Hello, as most of you know, my name is Kristin Fright. I'm afraid that Vlad can not help us with the invasion for a very good reason," She spoke, "I know most of you won't believe this, but Vlad is an evil half ghost."

People started to scream and yell in fear.

"Calm down, he can't hurt us if he doesn't know we know!" Kristin yelled into the mic.

People calmed down immediately when she yelled. She sighed and continued on.

"Half ghosts are real. When lots of ectoplasm gets infused with your DNA it causes your blood stream to turn into half ectoplasm which results in a half ghost. Vlad is known as the Wisconsin Ghost, but his ghost name is Vlad Plasmius." Kristin ended her speech, and pushed me back to the mic.

"As all of you now know, we are on are own except for Fright, Phantom, and their allies." I explained, remembering to call Danny and Kristin by their ghost names.

"We expect all of you to be ready for tomorrow. School will be canceled, and everyone will meet up here at 10 AM. Here we'll hand out a special gun used to send all ghost back where they belong. In other words, in their lairs, or in the King's case, his tomb."

With that I ran off of stage, and hugged the floating form of Kristin tightly.

"I hope we win." I whispered.

"Me too, Maddie, Me too." She said, letting small tears leave a trail of water down her cheek.

@@Danny POV@@

The whole town knows Vlad is evil. In a way, it's kind of relieving. Dad was still in shock from finding out Fright and mom were friends.

"Are you alright, dad?" I asked.

"No, I'm not alright. Mads is friends with a ghost, and V-man is an evil half ghost. How can I be alright?!" He almost yelled. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Danny, this is just a lot to take in, especially with the invasion that's gonna happen tomorrow." He whispered.

"I know, dad, I know.......Can I tell you something?" I asked him. He nodded.

"When we were at the family reunion at Vlad's place........I found out he was evil and half ghost. I've known since then. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I don't think you would've believed me anyways." I sighed. He looked at me with big eyes.

"You knew for that long?" He exclaimed. I nodded.

"We better get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow." Dad said as he walked upstairs to his bedroom.