Ch.9 Death is something that comes when it's suppose to

Kristin POV

Maddie and I got up super early to get to town hall. I set up a table for the guns that Maddie made.

Small ones for kids and teens, big ones for adults.

People started arriving at 9:00 instead of 10, but the earlier the better. I also handed out guns, but only to teens and kids. I made it to Danny. I smiled.

"Your mom accepts you, Danny. No need to be afraid." I whispered in his ear, and passed him a gun which I knew wouldn't be used later on.

I made it to Valerie. She was a ghost hunter, I knew that, but she always went after Phantom, never the real threats.

"Here. You can add this to your collection. It must be hard to know that your supplier is a evil half ghost." I said sympathetically.

"I don't like being used. It makes me feel like I'm blind to see the good. I trusted an evil person, but hunted a good ghost." She whispered.

"You know what you did was wrong. If it makes you feel any better, Danny has already forgiven you." I smiled and floated over to the next awaiting person.

I continued passing out guns until the small ones were all gone. I flew over to Maddie and told her I was done while she was handing out guns to other adults.

"Okay, Kristin, can you continue to pass out bigger guns to the adults?" She asked. I nodded, happily.

Grabbing a handful of them, I stopped floating and skipped over to the adults. They looked at me weirdly because I was a ghost skipping and smiling.

I grabbed one and handed it to a man. He took it cautiously, but smiled at me when he got it without tricks.

Everyone else noticed and took one happily. I know, being happy when an invasion is going to happen, is weird, but being happy will distract us from the destruction about to come.

I noticed that out of habit in my ghost form, I started floating again, but I forced myself to the ground, wanting to be accepted as a person and not a ghost in this form.

Finally, everyone had a specialized gun. People were making their way back home, getting ready for the attack about to come.

I decided to go over to Danny's house to talk to Maddie. I changed into Lite, and walked over.

It seems I'm spending more time in my ghost form than human now. I'm glad to have humanity, i'm glad I didn't completely die when shocked with the portal.

I knocked on the Fenton's door, and it opened to reveal Danny standing there with a serious expression. Probably for what's to come.

"Can I speak to Mrs. Fenton?" I asked nicely.

"Sure." He responded lightly, letting me through the door

I walked into the kitchen to find Maddie making lunch. I knocked on the wall, and she turned around. Her eyes widened.

"Can we talk?" I asked quietly. She smiled and nodded.

"Danny, sweetie, can you leave us alone?" She asked. He nodded, leaving the room to go upstairs.

"I haven't seen you like this since the first time we met." She spoke. I nodded, looking down.

"With the ghost invasion and everything I've been spending more time as Fright. If I'm in that form, I don't need as much sleep or food. I've just told my parents that I'm always in my room doing homework, when really, I'm Fright trying to figure out ideas how to stop what I saw." I told her. She nodded, solemnly.

"Does.....anyone else know?" She asked. This was unexpected. I always thought' why she didn't ask that when I first changed back in front of her.'

"Yes, Mr. Lancer found out shortly after I enrolled." I told her.

"Mr. Lancer knows?!!" She asked bewildered.

"Yeah, I guess Danny does a better job than me, huh?" I chuckled.

"I guess he does!" She laughed with me.

"I hope that none of my visions come true, and we win this thing. I still wonder who let Pariah out of his tomb AGAIN! Danny defeated him the first time, but he probably hasn't underestimated him this time, and his ghost slaves already told him about me." I sighed, after getting over my laughter fit, "What are we gonna do if I can't stand Clockwork corrected? Change the future I mean?"

"From what I've seen from you, you can do anything. We'll win this, but we can't doubt ourselves. Ghosts may have powers, but we all have an advantage over ghosts too. We have each other. Ghosts, unlike your allies, always fight, and only join together if it benefits both of them." She told me.

"I think I should tell my parents." I blurted out. Maddie looked at me crazily.

"You do??!!" She asked wide eyed. I shakily sighed.

"Yes, I do." I said, looking up at the violet eyes of the woman on the couch with me.

"Thank you for being like a second mother to me." I thanked her.

"It was my pleasure to finally understand half of your kind." She laughed at her own joke. I just giggled.

"I need to go, but thanks again, for everything." I smiled, changing into Fright, who seems to be who I am most of the time, and flying to my house.

It wasn't far, but sometimes I'm just really lazy. I landed on my doorstep, changed back into Lite, and rang the doorbell.

"Sweetie, why weren't you at the meeting?" Mom asked as I was pulled inside.

"Sorry, I wasn't feeling good, it must've been the nervs." I apologized.

"It's okay." She smiled. I took in a deep breath.

"Can I talk to you and dad?" I blurted.

"Of course!" Mom almost yelled.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down next to dad while mom trailed behind me, and sat down next to me.

"I've always wanted to tell you guys this, but I was to afraid. I didn't want you guys to hate me, but I think this is a very good time to tell you this," I started slowly, "That accident with the portal.......it did more than shock me." I stated.

"What do you mean? Did something else happen?" Mom asked. I nodded.

"I thought it was just temporary, but as it started showing more signs, I realized this was permanent. Mom, Dad, I never wanted to tell you this, especially since you guys are ghost hunters, but......." I trailed off.

"Does this have to do with ghosts?" Dad asked curiously, but excited.

"More than you've ever known." I said truthfully.

"What happened to you in that accident, honey?" Mom asked me, fear in her green eyes.

"Mom, Dad..........I'm dead."