Ch.10 Stakes

Kristin POV

They didn't say a word. They just stared. Finally, Mom was able to utter a word.

"What?" She croaked. Dad was still shell shocked.

"I'm dead." I stated. I acted as if I wasn't phased. Which I really wasn't. I've been dead for 2 years.

"You can't be dead! Your right here!" She yelled.

"I'm dead, Mom, I've been dead for 2 years." I whispered.

"So, your a ghost." Dad finally uttered.

"Yep!" I exclaimed.

"You've been dead for 2 years and we've never noticed!!" Mom screamed.

"Yes." I said.

"Is this why are ghost inventions target you?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"You guys are wrong. Ghosts do have feelings because I'm living,- I mean dead, proof." I stated. I felt horrible.

I'm making my parents think that I'm completely and utterly dead, when I'm still half alive, I still have a heartbeat, I'm still breathing, but I was too afraid.

Afraid that they wouldn't believe me, send me to an insane asylum. They believe in ghosts so they'll know I'm not lying, but they didn't believe in half ghosts, at least until I told everyone about Vlad, but my parents would never believe I'm one.

My parents think as if one of a thing is bad, all of it is. Like ghosts, they saw one ghost attack a person, and they immediately say all ghosts are evil.

What if they think of that with Halfas. Vlad is evil, but me and Danny are good, but they don't know Phantom is a Halfa, and now they think I'm fully dead.

"This-this all h-has to be a joke! My baby can't be dead! My daughter is still alive. She has a heartbeat!" Mom screeched.

She ran up to me and put her hand on my chest. I was able to make my heart stop beating due to my ghost half. She slowly removed her hand, shaking her head, tears streaming down my mom's face.

She searched for a sign of a pulse too, but no luck. She dropped to her knees sobbing, and dad knelt down next to her.

"It's gonna be okay, honey." Dad reassured her. Mom sobbed louder.

"How can it be okay!! My daughter, your daughter, OUR DAUGHTER IS DEAD!!!!" She screamed. I flinched at her loud voice.

"I'm sorry, I should've never told you. I thought you would take this better considering I'm still living here and not in the ghost zone." I apologized.

"No, we're glad you told us. It helps us understand you better. I thought I knew you, but we didn't, and now we do." Dad said.

"I'm still very sorry." I whispered.

All of a sudden, an alarm blared throughout the streets.

"GHOST INVASION!!" A familiar voice screamed.

It was Maddie.

She stopped in front of the house, and I ran out the door, jumping into the RV.

"I couldn't do it." I whispered.

"What do you mean? They seem pretty shook up about something, including your mom." Maddie told me, swerving the corner of the street.

"I told them I was dead. Fully dead." I answered. She looked at me like I was nuts.

I told her what I had been thinking, and she understood.

"Danny is already fighting where the ghosts are swarming. You need to get there too." She told me. I nodded, smiling slyly.