1. Freeway Mess-acre

I struggled to pull my denim shorts up and button them, as I furrowed my brows in confusion, huffing in frustration, as I finally managed to zip up and button the shorts.

"The hell?" I sighed, as I brushed it off and slipped on a silver chain belt around my shorts, a white, cotton tank top and a white, lacey kimono over it, paired with brown cowboy boots, as I let my hair fall down over my shoulders.

Once I was dressed, I added in my large, gold hoop earrings, grabbed my brown handbag and left the apartment to head over to Rachel's house, sticking in my earbuds to listen to Fleetwood Mac.

***

"What? The fuck do you mean you're not having a wedding?" Rachel asked, as her and Bella were both stunned, when I announced I wasn't wanting a big fancy wedding.

"I just mean, Phil and I agreed that there's no need for a big wedding. It's just easier to elope." I shrug, taking a sip of my tea.
"But that's the fun of it! Running around dress shopping, cake shopping, it's fun organizing your wedding. And then the reception after the ceremony." Bella listed off, most likely reminiscing how she felt about her wedding with Felix last year, as I just smiled.

"I'm not bothered. I've done all that. Organizing weddings, dress shopping and such. It just seems like so much hassle for one day." I replied, shaking my head.

"Yeah but this time you'd be organizing your own wedding." Bella protested, while I shrugged.
"You're still having a bachelorette party, right?" Rachel asked, raising a brow.

"Jesus, absolutely not." I laughed, as their jaws fell open. "No way! I'm understanding where Stu was coming from not wanting to have a bachelor party for his wedding. Phil would probably wind up going missing next." I shook my head.

"Fair enough." Rachel sighed.
"We can still have a drink and listen to music at my house though, with Tracy and Lauren." I added, and they smiled and nodded.
"What about your honeymoon, what's your plans for that?" Bella asked, as she twirled the end of her hair.

"Just a long road trip across the U.S. We're just gonna be sleeping in cheap motels and travelling. I'm actually really excited for it." I smiled, playing with my belt.
"Cheap motels? Really? Not even a luxury hotel in Italy or something?" Rachel asked, surprised, while I shook my head.

"Nah. I'd much prefer just driving around in a car, listening to music, spending a couple of nights in Texas, then Florida, and South Dakota with Phil." I answered, smiling at the thought.

"That actually sounds really nice." Bella agreed, looking up in thought.
"So, what does Phil think of getting eloped?" Rachel asked, as she took a sip of her tea.

"He was all for it. He didn't really mind whether we had a big wedding or get eloped, he said he just wanted to marry me." I blushed at the memory of him telling me that, as Rachel and Bella both smiled and gushed.

"That's so cute! Felix was persistent on having a big wedding. He said he wanted me to have my big day, but I think for the most part, his family just wanted to pay for a big wedding, and he couldn't refuse." Bella chuckled, as Rachel and I joined in, lightly.

***

I left Rachel's around 4-ish to head back to the apartment, where Phil was already in, still wearing his work attire, with his blue shirt and vest untucked, and his tie slightly crooked, as he was cooking something, turning his head over and smiling brightly when he laid eyes on me.