3. Intervention

"Again, thank you so much for coming." Linda thanked us once again, as she lead Phil, Stu and I through the halls of her house.
"Oh, of course." Phil nodded, as we entered the living room.

"This is Nico. Nico is a good friend of Alan's." Linda introduced us to the same guy who got us our clothes for Doug's wedding.
"'Sup, bros?" He waved, giving a tight-lipped smile.
"Oh, yeah, hey." Phil greeted.
"Hi." I slightly waved and smiled at him.

"And that's Blanca. Blanca's been with us since Alan was a baby." Linda introduced us to a woman, who worked as their maid, she stood up from her chair and smiled at us. "Hello." She greeted, nodding he head, as I smiled at her.

"Hello." Phil greeted, taking off his sunglasses, tucking them in his shirt.
"And this is Timothy. Timothy lives across the street. He and Alan swim together." Linda lastly introduced us to a young boy, maybe around 11 or 12, as Phil, Stu and I looked to each other, before Phil spoke up.

"Hey, what's up, little man?" He asked with his brows slightly furrowed, while Stu and I just waved.
"Hey." The boy flatly greeted.
"Why don't you guys take a seat?" Doug offered, as we walked over to sit down on on of the couches.

"Tracy's on her way back with Alan right now. Obviously he has no idea this is coming, so things might get a little intense." Doug warned us, as I nodded. "But no matter what happens, remember, this is all about Alan getting better." Doug ensured us, just as the front door opened.

"Mother, oreo smoothie, now!" Alan demanded, as he walked through the door, before he noticed all of us in the living room, as we turned our heads around to look at him.

"Oh." Alan gave a confused expression, as he took off his sunglasses. "Hey, everyone." Alan walked in the living room. "Hey." Phil replied.
"Hey, Timothy. Little cold for a swim, isn't it?" Alan asked, as the young boy looked up at Doug.

"Oh, wow. Look, you went to the pier today. How was that?" Phil asked, noticing his shirt, as he tried to get Alan in a good mood.
"We had a great time." Tracy replied, smiling.
"Yeah." Alan reluctantly agreed, looking around to all of us in suspicion.

"I played skee-ball for like 45 minutes. It was a pretty sick workout." Alan added, stretching his neck. "What's going on?" He asked after a moment, a Doug cleared his throat.

"Uh, why don't you have a-a seat, bud. We just want to talk to you for a sec." Doug ensured him, as Alan looked to Tracy, who nodded.
"Okay." Alan agreed, walking further in the living room, looking to Phil.

"Hey, Phil." Alan smiled at him.
"Hey. Hey. Yeah." Phil chuckled, as Alan held his hand up and Phil high fived him.
"Hey, Eve." Alan held his hand up for me and I smiled. "Hey, Alan." I chuckled, high fiving him.

Alan then walked over to Stu, pretending to high five him, before he moved his hand back, as he and Stu laughed. "Oh, you got me." Stu chuckled, as Alan sat between Stu and I, pushing me up against Phil, as we were practically squished up on the couch, while Doug sat across.

"So, Alan, we're all here to tell you about an awesome place called New Horizons." Doug began, with his hands clasped on his lap.
"That does sound awesome." Alan stated, as Tracy piped in, when he wasn't getting it.

"Alan, this is an intervention." Tracy informed him.
"A what?" Alan asked, as Tracy looked over to Linda.
"Mom." She said, as Linda opened up a piece of folded paper, and began reading aloud.

"Alan. I love you so much. We all do... but we can't keep lying to each other. Ever since you were a baby, all I want–" Linda started, before she was cut off by Alan.

"Oh, my God. Is anybody else falling asleep?" Alan rhetorically asked.
"Alan, listen." Doug softly commanded, as Alan picked up a drink.
"No offense, mom, but you're boring." Alan muttered, about to take a sip, as Phil looked down at me with furrowed brows, while I shook my head.

"Mr. Alan." Blanca began, as Alan paused and looked over. "Oh, now you?" He asked, as Blanca continued.
"I pick up after you for 30 years. I cleaned your room. I see things no one should ever see. But I pray for you. Mr. Alan, everyone–" Before Blanca could finish, Alan knocked his drink over, spilling it on the table.

"Hey." Phil frowned.
"Someone should clean that up." Alan stated, looking to Blanca, as I scoffed.
"Alan!" Linda exclaimed, while Blanca was about to clean it up, before Tracy stopped her and I shook my head, taking a few napkins and wiping the table with them.

"Alan, you are not well. You're off your meds, and you're clearly upsetting your whole family." Stu told him, truthfully.
"That's baloney." Alan denied.

"Alan, if you say yes to this, we drive you there today, and I promise you will come back a changed man." Doug promised him, trying to convince him to agree.
"Who's "we"? W-w-what do you mean, "we"? Who's "we"?" Alan asked, looking to Doug.

"We. All of us. Stu, Phil, Eve, me, you." Doug told him, as Alan looked over to me.
"Are you going, Eve?" He asked me, and I smiled.
"Of course I am." I assured, as Alan looked over to Phil.
"You going, Phil?" Alan asked, hopefully, as I sat awkwardly in the middle, while Phil nodded.

"I love you, Alan." Phil answered, while I gave Alan a tight lipped smile, as he just stared at Phil, before crying loudly, as Phil awkwardly looked down at me, and I looked back at him with my lips pursed together.

Everyone sat awkwardly, while Stu tapped his shoulder to make him stop crying, but Alan just continued wailing, before he looked back at Phil, still going, as I rubbed my temples from the headache I felt coming on.

A/N: sorry this chapter is short, it was kinda rushed and I wrote it at 5 am lol.