10. Kill Doug

"Stuart Price. No felonies. One arrest. Las Vegas, Nevada." The officer who was interviewing us, read aloud from Stu's record, as Stu just gave him a shrug, before resting his elbows on the table, with an anxious expression.

We had been here at the station for five hours all because Chow was a little shit and threw us under the bus. I tried to play the pregnancy card with one of the female officers but they were having none of it.

"Evelyn Billings. No felonies. One arrest. Las Vegas, Nevada. Again." The officer switched from Stu's record to mine and read aloud, giving me a pointed look, while I just looked down at my fingers fidgeting on my lap.

"Phil Wenneck. No felonies. One arrest. Also Las Vegas, Nevada." The officer looked at Phil, who adjusted himself in his seat, before the officer grabbed another record.

"Alan Garner." He began, opening up the record to flick through the pages, with a furrowed expression. "Is this record accurate?" The officer asked, slamming the record in front of Alan, who began reading through the record.

"Uh-huh." He flicked another page. "I did that. Mm-hmm." He continued. "Yeah." Another page. "Masturbating on a city bus. Yep, that was me." Alan read aloud and confirmed, as my eyes widened, and Phil gave him a concerned look. "What the fuck?" I whispered under my breath, with a sigh.

"Look, we've been here for five hours. We already told your guys everything that we know." Phil tried to convince the officer while I leaned back in my seat with my arms crossed.

"No. You told them a story about a little Chinese man." The officer firmly corrected, not believing a word that left our mouths. "Leslie Chow. He's an international Criminal. Look it up." Stu added, frustrated.

"A little Chinese man that no one in town has ever seen or heard of. And the hotel where you say he's staying? There's no one there." The officer explained to us. "Probably because he left town." Phil reasoned, irritated.

"That's one theory..." The officer shrugged. "Another theory is that you're lying." The man angled his head, as I ran my hands over my face in frustration and groaned loudly.

"For fuck sake! We aren't lying! You should be able to get records off him from the prison in Bangkok!" I raised my voice, feeling nothing but anger and frustration. And a little hungry because I haven't eaten anything in hours!

"Hey! Don't speak to me in that tone, you understand?" The officer widened his eyes at me and I just groaned.
Phil wrapped an arm around my shoulder and leaned in to whisper in my ear: "Calm down, yelling at them is only gonna get us in more trouble." He advised me and I let out a huff of irritation, before Phil pulled slightly away from me to speak directly to the cop.

"Look, she's sorry about that, she's just hormonal... She's uh.. y'know.." I wanted to roll my eyes. Not only was he speaking for me, making me apologize, but he still can't even accept the pregnancy. He couldn't even say it!

"We know. She wouldn't shut up about it. Trying to get out of this." The man scoffed, while I blushed in embarrassment, as Phil and Stu both glared at me, before Alan bursted out laughing at something, making the four of us turn our heads towards him.

"Lewd behavior, Cracker Barrel, Christmas Eve." Alan laughed and looked to Phil, Stu and I, who just looked back at him, confused to what he was talking about, as he stopped laughing and just looked back down at his record.