11. Phone Tracker

The four of us stood next to the limo, pulled over next to the road, while Stu frantically paced and Alan was now wearing joggers. "I never seen anyone get killed before..." I spoke up, images of witnessing a murder replay in my head.

"Right?! My God! That was so intense!" Stu agreed, while Phil stood next to the car, leaning his elbow on the roof with the car door open. "I mean, he just fell, and then he's– he's dead!" Stu continued.

"I feel sick." Phil stated. "Me too." Stu agreed. "Same." I said, quietly, looking down, as Phil wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Can we talk for a moment?" Phil whispered and I looked up at him and nodded.

"Maybe we should get some food, guys." Alan suggested, as Stu just sighed, and Phil and I walked away a few feet, until we were out of earshot.

"Listen-" he began, looking down at his feet, before I cut him off. "Before you start, can we sit down? My feet hurt and I just feel tired, like I'm gonna pass out." I ask him, rubbing my temples as he nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Of course." He agreed, and took my hands to help me sit down, while he remained standing.

"I'm sorry. I acted like a dick earlier." Phil apologised, looking down, crossing his arms, while I scoffed. "That's an understatement." I muttered, as Phil sighed.

"Well, how did you expect me to react?" He asked, as I looked down in thought, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Honestly? I actually thought you'd be happy..." I confessed, sheepishly, feeling tears brim at the corners of my eyes. Fucking hormones.

"I am! You just- you took me by surprise. This isn't what I expected or what we planned." He explained, looking down, awkwardly. "Well I didn't exactly plan this, it just happened.." I told him, clutching my knees closer to my chest. "I know. And I'm sorry, really, I am." He apologised again.

"It's okay." I forgave him, as he tutted and crouched down to sit next to me, his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him, as I rested my head on his chest.

"I love you." I murmured into his chest, while he held me in his arms, stroking my hair and kissing the top of my head. "I love you too, sweetheart. We're gonna be fine. We'll figure this out when this is all over, okay?" He assured me, cupping my face in his hands, as I smiled and nodded. "Okay." He smiled down at me, softly pecking my lips, before we were interrupted.

"Hey, lovebirds, we've got bigger problems over here!" Stu yelled over to us and I rolled my eyes. "Start crying. Make him feel bad." Phil joked and I laughed, as he grinned and took my hand to pull me up.

"What are we gonna do? We have no idea where Chow is." Stu stressed, as Phil and I approached them, hand-in-hand. "I don't know." Phil sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"He took your minivan. Maybe we could report it stolen and then they could track him down?" Stu suggested, and I nodded along, looking up at Phil.
"It's worth a shot." Phil agreed, as he took his hand out of mine and began searching around his pockets for his phone.

"Oh, fuck!" He exclaimed, throwing his head back. "What? What's wrong?" I asked, frowning my brows. "I left my phone in the minivan." Phil groaned, and my eyes widened. "Oh, my God, we could track your phone to find Chow!" I exclaimed, as Phil looked down at me, confused.

"How?" He asked, as Alan piped in.
"I have that "find my phone" app." Alan suggested and I nodded my head, grinning.
"Babe, you're a fucking genius!" Phil lifted me up by my waist, making me squeal and giggle as I kissed him, with my arms around his neck, before he set me down and rushed over to Alan.

"Alan, give me your phone, quick!" Alan obliged and gave Phil his phone, as he walked back over to me. "Hey, what's your password?" Phil asked Alan. ""Hey, Phil"." Alan answered. "Yeah?" Phil looked back at him. "No, that's it." Alan corrected, as I raised a brow.

"What?"
"That's my password. "Hey Phil."" Phil went silent, as he just typed it in, and I exchanged a confused glance with Stu. "It is it." Phil confirmed. "What the fuck?" I muttered.

Alan sighed and crossed his arms, leaning his back against the car. "Phil gets it. Nothing worse than losing your phone." Alan stated and I furrowed my brows. "Really? You can't think of anything worse?" I asked, as Alan shook his head.

"You just saw a man get murdered, your brother-in-law is kidnapped. You sure there's nothing worse?" Stu asked him, as Alan stood up straight.

"You don't get it, Eve. Stu. You just don't get it, do ya?" Alan got up in our faces, while I rolled my eyes. "Here we go." I mumbled. "I HAVE OVER 60 APPS ON THAT PHONE! WHAT IF I LOST MY PHONE? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TIME AND MAN-HOURS IT WOULD TAKE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THOSE APPS?!" Alan yelled at us, and I had to bite down a laugh.

"My God, Alan, you're so right. I completely understand. I would rather sacrifice my brother than have to go through that." I played along, pursing my lips not to smirk.

"See? Eve gets it." Alan crossed his arms, and I shook my head, walking back over to Phil.

"Yeah, you are right. I had not thought of that. Thank you." Stu held up his hands in mock-surrender. "Oh, God, it's not always about you, Stu!" Alan continued, as I approached Phil, standing up on my tiptoes to prop my chin up on his shoulder.

"Any luck?" I ask him, and he turned around. "It's locating." He informed us all, before the cellphone started beeping and he groaned. "Oh, God. Of course." He muttered, placing his hands on his hips.

"Well? What's it say?" I asked him, raising my brows. "Where is he?" Stu added, taking a step forward. "He's in fuckin' Vegas." Announced Phil.
"Shotgun" Alan immediately called, and I scoffed. "Don't think so. I'm pregnant I'll get car sick in the back. Or something." I shrugged, rushing over to the front seat of the car, while Stu groaned at the mention of Vegas.

I managed to beat Alan to the front seat, and he huffed. "Pregnant privilege!" Alan whined, while I rolled down the window and stuck out my tongue in mockery, as Phil rolled his eyes. "Absolute children." He scoffed, and I giggled, leaning over to kiss his cheek, as I watched Alan walk over to Stu.

"Hey, Stu." He called and Stu turned around. "I don't enjoy talking to you that way. I don't know why you insist on making me blow my top." Phil and I exchanged a glance of shared confusion, as we listened to Alan continue scolding Stu.

"We've been on a lot of adventures together but it seems like you haven't learned anythin'. Anythin'!" Alan glared up at him, as Stu pursed his lips and nodded, while I just snorted and began quietly laughing with Phil. "You think on it. I'll be in the limo." Alan finished, and I laughed harder. "You think on it." I mocked and pointed to Phil, as we continued laughing.