6. What now?

"All right, we need a plan. They're meeting on a bus bench in a public place. So Alan needs to convince Chow to go someplace more private. Someplace where we can sneak up on him and drug him." Phil strategized, while he drove and Stu and I nodded along to what he was saying.

"Like where?" Stu asked from the back seat, as I looked out the window with a train of thoughts running through my mind. Half my brain was trying to come up with places where Alan could meet Chow and the other half was the plastic bag sitting at my feet.

"I don't know. Like an alley." Phil suggested. "I doubt we'd get him in an alley. It's too sketchy. He's not that dumb." I replied, as Phil sighed and Alan piped up.

"What about a movie theatre?" Alan recommended, as my eyes widened, surprised that he actually made a good suggestion.

"Fuck, that's actually a great idea." Phil admitted. "The lights go down, we take the seats behind 'em, we jab him, and it's fuckin' done." Phil planned, as I nodded, pursing my lips together.

"I'll jab him if you want. I've drugged people before." Alan offered, as I shot him a look with my brows raised. "We know." I sarcastically replied, as Stu scoffed.

"Yeah, us." Stu added. "No offense, Alan, but we're not letting you handle any drugs. You'll kill someone." Phil told him, as he kept his eyes on the road.

"What are you talking about? He's an unregistered nurse, remember?" I joked, with a fake scoff, as Alan smiled and nodded. "Exactly! Thank you, Eve!" Alan thanked me, genuinely, not catching on with the sarcasm, while I smiled and shook my head.

"Anyway, I'm an expert. Remember the marshmallows in Thailand?" Alan asked us, as I nodded my head with furrowed brows. "Yeah?" Phil answered, with a confused look.

"I made it so you could eat at least three before hitting a fatal dose." Alan smugly told us, slurping his drink as my eyes widened. "What?!" I exclaimed, turning my head around the back to face him, while Stu's eyes also widened. "Wait. So you're saying I would have died if I had four?" Stu asked him, his brows raised.

"Nobody eats four marshmallows, Stu!" Alan argued, shaking his head. "So, that insane theory is the only reason I'm still alive?" Stu questioned. "Yes! And you're welcome, by the way." Alan told him. "Don't say "you're welcome" for almost killing me." Stu told him, as Phil sighed, listening to the two bicker in the back, while I looked over at him, dreamily.

I wondered how he would react if I was right about this... We've never actually talked about the possibility or if we wanted this, so honestly, I hadn't the first clue how he'd react.

"Fine." Alan gave in, as I snapped out of my daydream, and looked out the window, while Phil had his eyes glued on the road. "Thank you." Stu thanked him. "You're welcome." Alan quickly replied. "Goddamn it!" Stu exclaimed, frustrated, while I quietly laughed and Phil leaned his head back, fed up with both of them.

***

On the way, we made a few stops for gas. Every gas station we stopped at, I considered using the bathroom to just get it over with. But every time, I chickened out and promised myself, I'd do it in the next one. I didn't.

The drive was mostly filled with Alan bickering with Stu, me bickering with Alan, Phil bickering with Stu and basically it went on in a circle. I managed to take a nap for like an hour, which got disturbed by, guess what?; Bickering.

I was now sitting in the backseat, with the bag still at my feet, while Phil and Stu were in the front, as the three of us watched as Alan sat on a bench, next to a bus stop, waving over at us.